new managers

theref

favourites for

Preston = a current player / backroom employee as the team is struggling big time so will be hard to get anyone in

Bonnyrigg = a bettter prospect , despite their woeful start ,, Mcglynn seems to have got a position at hearts so ?

Mussy Athletic = bolt from the blue with mcglynn leaving and the team doing well ,,

whats the thought out there any body got a decent prediction

Stevie McLeish would be a great shout for any of these imo.

Despite always falling just short with Haddington, he got them playing a brand of football which was very good and in all honesty probably not what was needed in the South Division to get promoted. Far more suited to the Superleague or Lowland league.

Despite always falling just short with Haddington, he got them playing a brand of football which was very good and in all honesty probably not what was needed in the South Division to get promoted. Far more suited to the Superleague or Lowland league.

McLeish had money to burn at Haddington and couldnt get them promoted so what chance has he got of winning silverware at Bonnurigg.

McLeish had money to burn at Haddington and couldnt get them promoted so what chance has he got of winning silverware at Bonnurigg.

Just seen your post on another topic related to Musselburgh.

How's it going Johnny? Touting yourself for more job's I see?

I dont think that managers at that level should be judged ability wise by how much money they spend. Ok he might have had a good budget, but he would of needed one to attract the type of players he had at haddington like jack wilson, jaimeson, cropley, lynch, connie, myles bracksy, mcdonald. Im led to beleive they all enjoyed playing for stevie and have proved they can play at super league level.

I think with his style of training and management he would be better suited to teams in super league. Only my opinion mind

I fail to see how someone who has failed at a club could be considered in any seriousness for the likes of a Bonnyrigg or Mussy job. It's easy saying how he had better players who have went onto play super league but that's no consolation to Haddington I'm sure. They are still in the south despite as some people have said spending a lot of money.

Just seen your post on another topic related to Musselburgh.

How's it going Johnny? Touting yourself for more job's I see?

Wrong m8 i aint Johnny Harvey,but if he was considering himself for any these jobs its the players i feel it for,dragging them to Edinburgh and dumping them or most of them for Haddington,resigning some of them for Haddington only to be dumping them again.Had more clubs than Nick Faldo as a player now hes doing as a manager it seems

I fail to see how someone who has failed at a club could be considered in any seriousness for the likes of a Bonnyrigg or Mussy job. It's easy saying how he had better players who have went onto play super league but that's no consolation to Haddington I'm sure. They are still in the south despite as some people have said spending a lot of money.

Failed as in not getting them promoted? Whos to say they wouldnt of been much worse off if stevie never went there.

Listen I know lots of people have opinions as to what makes a decent manager.how much money they spend, style of football they play, winning things, promotion, how good the training is, how he treats his players etc etc. All I know is every time I played against haddington they were a team who played flowing passing football. I would rather have a manager that played like that rather than being physical long ball team that got promoted!

I dont think that managers at that level should be judged ability wise by how much money they spend. Ok he might have had a good budget, but he would of needed one to attract the type of players he had at haddington like jack wilson, jaimeson, cropley, lynch, connie, myles bracksy, mcdonald. Im led to beleive they all enjoyed playing for stevie and have proved they can play at super league level.

I think with his style of training and management he would be better suited to teams in super league. Only my opinion mind

surely if he was a good manager he would have got the team promoted wi players like that, no? For me tactically he's not great, and no a good manager. Meant to be a good coach tho, maybe better sticking to that!

Wrong m8 i aint Johnny Harvey,but if he was considering himself for any these jobs its the players i feel it for,dragging them to Edinburgh and dumping them or most of them for Haddington,resigning some of them for Haddington only to be dumping them again.Had more clubs than Nick Faldo as a player now hes doing as a manager it seems

5 junior clubs no that many, most players playing these days have played wi 4/5 teams!

Failed as in not getting them promoted? Whos to say they wouldnt of been much worse off if stevie never went there.

Listen I know lots of people have opinions as to what makes a decent manager.how much money they spend, style of football they play, winning things, promotion, how good the training is, how he treats his players etc etc. All I know is every time I played against haddington they were a team who played flowing passing football. I would rather have a manager that played like that rather than being physical long ball team that got promoted!

Yes absolutely failed in not getting them promoted. Looking back in the history books won't tell you how well a team played football, it will however tell you about achievements. I would disagree and think most people would that they would take playing good football and achieving nothing over being successful and winning things. Of course doing both would be ideal.

The same brand of football that we won the south last year playingg

surely if he was a good manager he would have got the team promoted wi players like that, no? For me tactically he's not great, and no a good manager. Meant to be a good coach tho, maybe better sticking to that!

Well tbh my point was that I doesnt make you a bad manager just cos you dont win something or get promoted with a team. You may be right he might be a better coach than a manager!

Look at martinez for an example.relegated with wigan but yet gets everton job and has went there and made them better than the guy who was deemed good enough to manage man utd! that was an example rather than a comparison!

Well tbh my point was that I doesnt make you a bad manager just cos you dont win something or get promoted with a team. You may be right he might be a better coach than a manager!

Look at martinez for an example.relegated with wigan but yet gets everton job and has went there and made them better than the guy who was deemed good enough to manage man utd! that was an example rather than a comparison!

Martinez never had the best players in the league tho, stevie did. A good manager wi they players would have got them promoted. Everytime i seen haddy and things weren't going great, he didn't know how to change a game either with a tactical change or a substitution!

Martinez never had the best players in the league tho, stevie did. A good manager wi they players would have got them promoted. Everytime i seen haddy and things weren't going great, he didn't know how to change a game either with a tactical change or a substitution!

I doubt if fauldhouse or edin utd would agree with your comment about haddington having best players in the league! Lol did you not play for edin utd last season? Do you think haddington players were better than your team mates?

To be fair I do agree with u that he should of got them promoted.especially the season when four went up.they completely folded that season.always had good ball players in the team but never had any one that could put the foot in! Think he knows that himself and thats the reason they fell short last few seasons.

Anyway enough about stevie and haddington

I doubt if fauldhouse or edin utd would agree with your comment about haddington having best players in the league! Lol did you not play for edin utd last season? Do you think haddington players were better than your team mates?

I'm talking about when he had Jamieson,Jordan and Jackie etc, they had the best team in the league then but still ner got them up, a half decent manager would have walked league wi that team... Wasn't much between haddy and Edinburgh last year, apart from the managers!

You can play all the great football ypu like but never done him or them much good as theyre stil in the South League

Archived