new managers

theref

I watched Stevie McLeish's teams turn out for the Hi-His every week for four seasons. One thing that can be said, they played excellent football. The players were extremely talented and, arguably, some of the best players in the division.

I always said, though...good football and good footballers aren't the way to get out the South Division. You've got to fight, bite and kick your way out of it...I've seen games won by less talented teams playing the long ball and pressing every play like it was their last. Good example (no disrespect to Dunbar!) is the two losses against Dunbar last season. They got in our faces, stopped the guys playing football and beat us comfortably.

Stevie McLeish is an excellent manager, an excellent trainer. He'd be a success at any Superleague team...South Division's not Superleague.

Give a Stevie McLeish team space to play and time to play and they'll beat anyone (ask Bo'ness and St.Andrews), the South Division doesn't allow space and time.

I watched Stevie McLeish's teams turn out for the Hi-His every week for four seasons. One thing that can be said, they played excellent football. The players were extremely talented and, arguably, some of the best players in the division.
I always said, though...good football and good footballers aren't the way to get out the South Division. You've got to fight, bite and kick your way out of it...I've seen games won by less talented teams playing the long ball and pressing every play like it was their last. Good example (no disrespect to Dunbar!) is the two losses against Dunbar last season. They got in our faces, stopped the guys playing football and beat us comfortably.
Stevie McLeish is an excellent manager, an excellent trainer. He'd be a success at any Superleague team...South Division's not Superleague.
Give a Stevie McLeish team space to play and time to play and they'll beat anyone (ask Bo'ness and St.Andrews), the South Division doesn't allow space and time.

100% agree.

Who decides what is good football? you hear this nonsense all the time in football these days, 'they play good football'. There are many ways to win a football match, surely the team that plays 'the best football', is the team that wins the most games. It's all about opinions I suppose and also what a managers remit is, I would expect that Mcleish's remit would have been to get Haddington promoted, therefore he failed miserable.

Win ugly or lose pretty? I know what I would prefer to watch every week, my team WINNING!

sure good footballers and good football got Edinburgh out the division last season!

Isn't that what I just said?

Rhetorical question, by the way.

To be honest, I couldn't keep up, it looked like you were giving a glowing reference to a manager that was a huge failure. Big Harvey just Highlighting what a poor job Mcleish did.

Who decides what is good football? you hear this nonsense all the time in football these days, 'they play good football'. There are many ways to win a football match, surely the team that plays 'the best football', is the team that wins the most games. It's all about opinions I suppose and also what a managers remit is, I would expect that Mcleish's remit would have been to get Haddington promoted, therefore he failed miserable.

Win ugly or lose pretty? I know what I would prefer to watch every week, my team WINNING!

McLeish's teams were winning most weeks ;)

To be honest, I couldn't keep up, it looked like you were giving a glowing reference to a manager that was a huge failure. Big Harvey just Highlighting what a poor job Mcleish did.

Oh aye, highlighting a bad job in 5 games.......come on get a grip!!

Jesus!!! If he's still got them up there come May, then I will agree. Not even a quarter of the way through the season yet.

I would quess each individual person watching a game of football can decide what they think is good football! I dont think theres a right way or a wrong way, its just, not everyone will have the same opinion.

Archived