Gibraltar - Scotland Oct 2015

mick90

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Booked up to go from Liverpool with my aul man. A bit unsure on how to actually get to the stadium but reckon we will end up booking a taxi, although the chances of it finding us among thousands of fans is a bit short. If all else fails, it's only a 3 hour walk...

Should be an easy win regardless of the squad.

Was at the home match and we played poorly and still won by five goals.

The worry is that by the time that game comes around, Gibraltar have learned the way to play when you're a side of their level. They were immensely naive at Hampden. If that had been San Marino, we should have still won comfortably, but I think it would've been closer. As you say, we were poor, and San Marino would have dug in, wasted time, taken every little advantage they could. Gibraltar don't seem to have learned to do that yet, and if they have by October, we could be in for a frustrating night.

We still should easily have enough about us to win. And comfortably.

We will pump them silly.

This

No matter how much wiser Gibraltar get (they'll need at least another campaign to even get use to the standard) they're still a part time team and we will beat them comfortably. The games in Georgia and against Poland will be what see us through. Portugal will be a party or a wake

Part time? They've still got amateur players

I think there's a difference in mindset between Gibraltar and San Marino as well. Gibraltar seem to want to play the game "properly". They know they'll get humped anyway

Again comes down to the experience. Gibraltar will likely move away from that in the campaigns to come

Estadio Algarve is roughly half way between Faro Airport (which is a bit south of Faro) and Albufeira ... actually in the LOULE district. It has its own train station `Parque des Cidades` ... 20 mins from Albufeira, 15 from Faro station ( which is next to the bus station) .. but trains are few and far between and like the buses don`t run much after 8pm. Don`t bank on anyone locally putting on extra transport .. remember if you get a taxi from anywhere to the stadium, they won`t hang around to take you back .. and it is literally in the middle of nowhere.

There are dozens of mini-bus and coach operators, because Albufeira gets around 100,000 visitors every week in high summer .. so best idea of you haven`t got a bus yet is to join a local forum .. and organise one. The english forum in Albufeira is www.albufeira.com/forum

you might also try trip advisor which has forums local to most towns in the Algarve. Local bus tables - www.algarvebus.info

Trains www.cp.pt ( click EN top right for english). My site has a list of hotels in albufeira .... www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com

be aware that all the tartan army buses mentioned from Albufeira are full and on reserve lists ..

Have nae booked up as yet.

Your post has kinda put me off r.e travel to and from stadium.

If I was to stay one night has anyone any ideas wheres best place to stay Albufeira or Faro (for a possible early morning flight back) or anywhere else ?

Are there any overnight buses after the game (national express style) from Faro to Lisbon /Seville ?

That was another option I was looking at, flights to and from Lisbon/Seville

Thanks.

Have nae booked up as yet. Your post has kinda put me off r.e travel to and from stadium. If I was to stay one night has anyone any ideas wheres best place to stay Albufeira or Faro (for a possible early morning flight back) or anywhere else ? Are there any overnight buses after the game (national express style) from Faro to Lisbon /Seville ? That was another option I was looking at, flights to and from Lisbon/Seville Thanks.

I've stayed in Faro a couple of times, there are loads of cheap Pensions and a taxi to the airport was only about 10 Euros. The train from Faro to the stadium only takes 6/7 minutes and if you don't hang about you could catch the last train back at 9.39. Most tourists head straight off to resort towns so if you stay in Faro you'll actually get the chance to meet some locals. There's a cracking restaurant near the railway station called Adega Nova on Rua Francisco Barreto, very cheap if you go for the set menu. Here's some places to stay, http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?sid=23227fd93c0d20496ed1527b789ca6fe;dcid=4;bb_asr=5;checkin_monthday=11;checkin_year_month=2015-10;checkout_monthday=12;checkout_year_month=2015-10;city=-2165075;class_interval=1;csflt=%7B%7D;dest_id=-2165075;dest_type=city;dtdisc=0;hlrd=0;hyb_red=0;inac=0;label_click=undef;nha_red=0;no_rooms=1;redirected_from_city=0;redirected_from_landmark=0;redirected_from_region=0;review_score_group=empty;sb_travel_purpose=leisure;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;ss=Faro;ss_all=0;ssb=empty;sshis=0;ssne=Faro;ssne_untouched=Faro&;order=price_excluding_dormitories#hotel_40911-back

I wouldn't bother faffing about with Lisbon or Seville if you're only stopping for one night.

Archived