Gibraltar - Scotland Oct 2015

mick90

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Thumb and Rhodes have both thrown a strop and pulled out of the squad alongside the injured Morrison and McArthur and the hopeless Mulgrew.

That's a bit silly of them. Both would probably have got a game and a chance of goals. And a wee bit of time in the sun.

That's a bit silly of them. Both would probably have got a game and a chance of goals. And a wee bit of time in the sun.

It is pissing down at the moment and is forecast to be doing so tomorrow too. No chance of catching the rays.

Of course he'll want them back. Celtic pay their wages and they're important players for him. He doesn't want them injured in a meaningless game.

Well it's a shite way for them to announce their retirement from international football. Griffiths will forever remain a domestic level player.

Luckily the other players don't have clubs who pay their wages and would be absoutely fucking delighted for them to pick up an injury.

Well it's a shite way for them to announce their retirement from international football. Griffiths will forever remain a domestic level player.

Luckily the other players don't have clubs who pay their wages and would be absoutely fucking delighted for them to pick up an injury.

To be fair to Morrison, he's been with the squad all week despite it being obvious he wasn't going to be fit for the games. He could have gone back to his club, but presumably chose not to.

Don't think their team mates will be particularly impressed with them bailing on them. Fans have also paid hundreds to go to this meaningless game so the least they can do is turn up!

Exactly. Ridiculous from the two of them.

To be fair to Morrison, he's been with the squad all week despite it being obvious he wasn't going to be fit for the games. He could have gone back to his club, but presumably chose not to.

Aye Morrison gets a pass but Rhodes and the Thumb can gtf. You only get too turn your back on your country once.

What's clearly going to happen is Shinnie will start against Gibraltar, get crippled and this will be one of the worst 3 weeks in football for me since Skovdahl.

There's been no suggestion of injury AFAIK.

I'm guessing the withdrawals are a result of some discussion between WGS and the squad. i.e. he's said: "here's the team I'm playing. x, y and z you're not getting any game time so you can go back to your club if you want - no problem with that."

Still, I wouldn't expect Rhodes and Griffiths to be amongst the x, y and z.

Despite this being a meaningless game, their absence is quite disappointing as it was one of the things that could have brightened up the game.

Playing Fletcher and/or Naismith vs Gibraltar will tell us nothing. I hope we'll try Martin and Johnny Russell.

There's been no suggestion of injury AFAIK.

I'm guessing the withdrawals are a result of some discussion between WGS and the squad. i.e. he's said: "here's the team I'm playing. x, y and z you're not getting any game time so you can go back to your club if you want - no problem with that."

Still, I wouldn't expect Rhodes and Griffiths to be amongst the x, y and z.

Despite this being a meaningless game, their absence is quite disappointing as it was one of the things that could have brightened up the game.

Playing Fletcher and/or Naismith vs Gibraltar will tell us nothing. I hope we'll try Martin and Johnny Russell.

Whilst I've been for Steven Fletcher starting for us this campaign I agree that I'd like to see what else we've got on offer. Yes a game against Gibraltar tells us pretty much nothing but it's still good seeing other players being given a chance. I just hope to God we don't only play with the one CB again...

It is pissing down at the moment and is forecast to be doing so tomorrow too. No chance of catching the rays.

23 degrees though. Hot rain. I thought the forecast was sunshine and showers. It'll feel just like home.

Start Griffiths and Rhodes. Drop Brown as well. Gordon in for Marshall between the sticks

Newsflash: Griffiths and Rhodes have given Strachan a shoeing and stormed out of the camp, spitting on the Saltire on the way out and Thumb having a sh*te on McGhee's car.

I would assume Rhodes and griffiths will be fully fit for their next club games

The announcement said nothing about an injury. Either:

a) they went against the manager's wishes, possibly sh*teing on cars etc

OR

b) WGS has let the guys whom he never had any intention of playing...go.

Archived