Gibraltar - Scotland Oct 2015

mick90

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69

Because he is a stubborn knob Morrison will come in for D Fletcher and that will be it.

That will be the only change as we need to see what James Morrison offers the team.

Another one whose services should no longer be required

This has to be the single most pointless game Scotland have ever played. There aren't even any FIFA ranking points up for grabs, because Gibraltar are only recognised by UEFA.

A completely different starting XI, giving the fringe players a chance.

I went to the Qatar frendly....

We should just play the 21s. Wales under Toshack played a lot of young players, they got some bad results but they are likely to qualify now. OK it helps to have world class cheating b*****d Gareth Bale in your team as well but what harm can it do playing the 21s against the Rock.

That will be the only change as we need to see what James Morrison offers the team.

Another one whose services should no longer be required

He's our best player. You saw against Poland how our midfield performs without him. A hint; it's not good.

I want to see us go for double figures as well as some kind of catharsis, but let's be honest, we should be able to put out a fringe team and still do that. I'd be livid if Morton failed to beat Gibraltar, if a starting eleven of fringe players can't annihilate Gibraltar they have absolutely no future in international football.

Shame we can't call up an entirely new squad for this as it's the one time that people calling for the likes of Ryan Jack and Tony Watt to be flung into the team have got a point. At least he might actually pick Robertson for a change.

The Thumb and Rhodes have both thrown a strop and pulled out of the squad alongside the injured Morrison and McArthur and the hopeless Mulgrew.

Are they injured or just "injured"? Shocking if it's the latter. Chris Martin will be happy though, he'll be getting a start now

Are they injured or just "injured"? Shocking if it's the latter. Chris Martin will be happy though, he'll be getting a start now

I very much suspect the latter with Rhodes and Griffiths. You would have thought they'd be the ones most keen to play. Evidently not.

Hopefully Scotland go 4-4-2 with Naismith and Ritchie either side of C. Martin and S. Fletcher. If only because that's two players who will have to have their initial printed on their shirt.

Edit: I know Morrison is a genuine injury.

Griffiths and Rhodes made themselves available when it mattered, Strachan just chose not to use them. Gibraltar is a pointless match anyway, I could understand if a few players were pissed that the only time they're asked to play is against a team no better than amateurs.

While these are important games for the under-21s, the primary purpose of players being there is to develop them ahead of making the step up to the full squad. With these call-offs we'd have had a chance to give players their first caps, it would have been better for Gauld and Fraser to be in Portugal. Shame this has only happened today when the under-21s have a game and there's not enough notice for them to ditch that and travel over.

Play the kids!!

Get Wee Gauldy, Jack Harper and Islam Feruz in the squad and and and just play all them.

Feruz?

I have had more game time than that waster in the last couple of seasons. He should be nowhere near a Scotland shirt.

Archived