Gibraltar - Scotland Oct 2015

mick90

I hope Scotland are playing with the fear of god. We should be going all out to take out all our frustrations on Gibraltar and we should be looking to put a record scoreline past them. Futile, but cathartic.

Totes. It's all we can do. If we stumble to a 2-0 win it'll be a fitting, shambolic end to a mess of a campaign.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see us put out the following side on Sunday and go for a goal glut:

Gordon
Hutton Martin Hanley Shinnie
Russell McArthur Dorrans Forrest
Griffiths Rhodes

how you got a bet on Gibraltar ?

Who cares.......

It's kind of like when you play a really crap team in Football Manager. You can either stick all your kids in and let them get their first game and perhaps scrap a 2-0 win, or you can play all your regulars, win 6-0 and artificially inflate their goal scoring records.

I'm all in favour of the latter, and in fact, I don't like close games. I want Scotland to only play utter dross and score loads. I think we'll score loads against Gibraltar if we can be arsed, and we don't stick our not good enough players in.

The World Cup qualifying campaign starts on Sunday. We should absolutely be mixing the team up. Whether we win 6-0 or lose 1-0, it doesn't really matter a jot, it's all about the next competitive game now.

Non-qualification is a blessing in that it gives us a year to make changes and have a team ready for the qualifiers.

I think we're not far off a good team, but have a few key positions that need some fresh faces.

It really doesn't matter which team we play, we'll win no matter what, but I'd like to see Shinnie get his first cap. Would also be nice to give Greer a final cap, as surely we won't keep him going for the World Cup 2018 qualifiers, and he's performed well for us. I would also say Russell and Griffiths deserve a shot. Fill the rest of the positions with whoever you like. 5-0.

I'd give the fringe players a run-out. The game is pretty much worse than useless, as I don't think it will even count towards our FIFA rankings with Gibraltar not being a member. So outside of the seething masses, even a defeat wouldn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Just pick the team that seems most up for it, go all out, play a 4-2-4 or something.

Archived