Please don't vote YES

Jimmc

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I am not a troll - I teach maths and PE in a school.

5. I am just proud to be British and genuinely would be really gutted if the Union broke up

Not a very good teacher mate. You do realise that when the Yes vote wins and Scotland become independent Wales and Northern Ireland are still there to be played with..... Until they wise up..... or is it "rise up and be a nation again" :thumsup2

Hello. I am not Scottish, I do like Scottish footy though. I live about 450 miles away in Sussex but I am really worried about our great country being broken up. Not because you might or might not use the £, not because I like David Cameron, def not!

Look at what we achieve together, we're only the 7th biggest island on the planet yet we sit at the top table and the world looks to us. Germany et al in Europe are desperate for the UK to be part of their future and for years the UK gov't have been obtuse towards our European partners, and they STILL bend over backwards for the Union Jack. I honestly think that if Scotland goes, the rest of the UK will suffer enormously and there will never be any way back.

Please please please, vote No and go for devolution max. You deserve it.

Well since you like Scottish football, I think I will give it another thought.

Thought about it. Still voting YES.

Hello. I am not Scottish, I do like Scottish footy though. I live about 450 miles away in Sussex but I am really worried about our great country being broken up. Not because you might or might not use the £, not because I like David Cameron, def not!

Look at what we achieve together, we're only the 7th biggest island on the planet yet we sit at the top table and the world looks to us. Germany et al in Europe are desperate for the UK to be part of their future and for years the UK gov't have been obtuse towards our European partners, and they STILL bend over backwards for the Union Jack. I honestly think that if Scotland goes, the rest of the UK will suffer enormously and there will never be any way back.

How the hell did you get hold of Ed Milliband's speech, he's just saying that right now in Glasgow!

Well, apart from Devo Max obv...

12. If this was you merging the two threads, could you do it for all the other new posters who also appear from nowhere and post rhetoric.

13. It was. Its an odd one, isnt it. Theres no obvious sign of them being aliases but it cant be coincidence they are all appearing at the same time

1. I am not a troll - I teach maths and PE in a school.

2. I am English, have been to Scotland a few times and really like it

3. I did not realise just how much Cameron et al were hated in Scotland. I voted for Gordon Brown but could not bring myself to vote labour last time (In Europe) - I voted Green

4. I am sorry if my post made people angry, you're right I don't know much about life in Scotland.

5. I am just proud to be British and genuinely would be really gutted if the Union broke up

6. The Scottish "footy" I referred to was East Stirlingshire. My mate is from there, we used to come up for weekends of ale drinking and watch them get hammered but I used to love it.

7. Still don't want Scotland to leave but you seem really really angry about it, I am disgusted that politicians down here have made you feel like that. They should be totally ashamed.

8. Its' probably Scotland that has made Labour Gov't in the past - why the fu*k would Cameron and his Eton boys give a shit in the first place. We will be doomed to the Tories if you do.

9. If you do vote yes - it's what the people want. Not what the majority of other Brits want but it's not our vote.

10. My last post was honest but prob badly written. Sorry about that

No need whatsoever for your contrite reply mate, you're just as entitled to your opinion as any of the haters and pi*s takers on here! Your first mistake came early in point 2 though, just admitting you are English will have been enough for some.

13. It was. Its an odd one, isnt it. Theres no obvious sign of them being aliases but it cant be coincidence they are all appearing at the same time

Can I ask you as a moderator, when will we get the official P&B position on independence?

If BP and Standard Life are stating their positions then surely it's time for the world's leading football forum to stand up and be counted.

Unless it's NO of course in which case just keep quiet.

Most of the flaws in this post have been pointed out already but

Even if you don't count Australia as an Island we're only the 9th biggest island on the planet

1. Greenland

2. New Guinea

3. Borneo

4. Madagascar

5. Baffin Island

6. Sumatra

7. Honshu

8. Victoria Island

9. Great Britain

10. Ellesmere Island

8. Its' probably Scotland that has made Labour Gov't in the past - why the fu*k would Cameron and his Eton boys give a shit in the first place. We will be doomed to the Tories if you do.

Why should we keep paying the price for so many of your fellow countrymen voting Tory? We've only got one Tory MP. Sort yourselves out.

Can I ask you as a moderator, when will we get the official P&B position on independence?

If BP and Standard Life are stating their positions then surely it's time for the world's leading football forum to stand up and be counted.

Unless it's NO of course in which case just keep quiet.

The official P&B position is whatever Div says :lol:

He's very strongly in one camp

The official P&B position is whatever Div says :lol:

He's very strongly in one camp

Sorry to trouble you but I can see that there is a mistake in the thread title. The OP titled it "Please don't vote YES" when in actual fact he meant it to read as:

"Please don't. Vote YES"

Can you correct this slight error. Thanks

I didn't say that. I said the official p&b position is whatever he decides ;)

Although, it was a conversation with him about a year ago that swayed me form undecided towards one side :)

I am positive he said he was a Yes voter on one of these threads, sure I saw it.

We think it's shite most of the time.

And it's fitba...

Archived