LEAFA select v SAFL select 14/09/14

Nizza

If the boys didn't want to play for the select to instead play for their Sunday team then if I was the manager I would not give them the opportunity again

4 players selected all played for the same Sunday team who asked for a free week but constitution stated that it couldn't be done so the game had to be played, had the players went then the Sunday team wer struggling to field a team due to injuries and only having 16 signed players.

Still don't know why Saturday select teams decided it would be a good idea to play on a Sunday when the Saturday leagues had a free week and all players would've been available.

If the players went along played really well got selected to go along play with Scotland then it would be on a Sunday the majority of the time, would they play Sunday league football instead of play for Scotland

If the players went along played really well got selected to go along play with Scotland then it would be on a Sunday the majority of the time, would they play Sunday league football instead of play for Scotland

I don't believe any of the Scotland Ams management would have been at the game, given they had a training session on the Sunday morning 11am in Motherwell. However, if I am right in thinking, the committee members of both associations who were at the game (so Rex and Davie from leafa) are able to put boys forward to the Scotland management who will then try to have a look at these players and/or get them along to training sessions.

Assume game on this occasion was not played on the Saturday as the LEAFA awards dinner was on the Friday night in which players involved would have been in attendance?!

to be able to play for the select team 2 things have to happen

1: come to the attention of the select manager and coaching staff. - your team manager would normally put you forward for this but there is nothing to stop a player declaring himself interested in representing the association

2: turn up for briefings, trials and games. - players themselves have to ask if they want to play in a high level representative match or if they would prefer to play in a sunday league game.

Oh and this is not a dig at anyone, just giving my opinion.

The players who represented LEAFA on Sunday did a great job and everyone one contributed to the team's peformance. There may indee be better individual players out there but if they are not put forward or decide not to turn up then tahts their choice.

Nizzy did a great job to take individuals who dont regularly play together and put them together as a team, asking some players to play in positions that they dont normally play in.

So instead of claiming that there are better players not included, lets all congratulate Captain NIzzy and his band of dry land pirates on a good job well done.

Why did he have players playing in positions that they dont normally play in?

• 3 months later...

Archived