Greenock Morton vs Airdrieonians

A game we should really be expecting to win. Airdrie have lost 3 of their 4 league games and drew the other. They've yet to score a league goal yet as well, no doubt that will come this weekend up against our bomb scare of a defence. We've been far from impressive but still won 2 out of 4, losing the other 2.

With McManus coming back from International duty & Barrowman coming back from injury I would like to see those 2 starting up front although I think young Scullion should be given a chance after bagging 6 goals in 2 games for the development squad. No more putting defenders or midfielders as strikers Duffy.

Does Fitzpatrick start for you lot? It will be hilarious trying to watch him play football again :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitzpatrick have been a solid center half him and ben are good at the back fancy Airdrie to nick it 2-1 prunty with both goals

He's playing at centre half? :lol:

He's hardly 'solid' if you're rock bottom of the league.

Fitzpatrick is quite clearly not good at the back.

With McManus and possibly Barrowman back we could have enough firepower to win the game, but Airdrie are long overdue a result at Cappielow - and Jim Duffy's weekly display of tactical and player selection incompetence will strive to make that happen.

Not so sure. Don't think Morton are up to much at all. Ricki Lamie for fucksake?

We've not been great, but we've been OK in patches.

Ricki Lamie but?!??

You're right were not up to much, we're pretty sh*te. We have 1 or 2 good players the rest are mediocre.

Marc Fitzpatrick makes Ricki Lambie look like David Alaba though.

You're right were not up to much, we're pretty sh*te. We have 1 or 2 good players the rest are mediocre.

Marc Fitzpatrick makes Ricki Lambie look like David Alaba though.

To be fair, the bald men and comb should be invoked here.

But Ricki Fucking Lamie? Freed by Airdrie and Clyde. f**k me.

We could be forced to play Jordan Allan instead. A "starlet" from Dundee United; judging by his shameful defending for Saturday's goal he's even worse.

Perhaps both sides could cut just agree not to field either left-backs or right-midfielders.

We have been very poor this season so far - however we have strengthened a lot of our problem areas recently. Luca and Richards-Everton in defence could be an adequate centre half pairing - an area which has caused us a lot of problems this season. The signing of Prunty will also be a good one I feel as we really needed a goal scorer to play alongside Lister, and the two have worked well together in the past. We haven't scored all season and while I do rate both Lister and Parker, I don't think the partnership works well together and think both could link up well with Prunty, who definately knows where the goal is.

I don't think we have much to fear from an average Morton side but I am not overly confident about this game. Over the course of the season I think we will improve but can't see us getting anything more than a draw on Saturday. Cappielow hasn't been one of our favourite hunting grounds over the years either.

I'll go for a scrappy 1-1 draw.

Just a shame I'm in Greenock a couple of days too late otherwise I'd have made an effort to get to this.

Hopefully the holes in our defence have been plugged with Gasparotto and Richards-Everton, and our woes upfront sorted by Prunty. As has been mentioned before, the two had a moderately successful time up top at Dumbarton, more of the same here please.

We surely have to go out and try to get a win here, hopefully that won't leave us too open at the back, and it'll propel us to a 2-1 win. One for Prunty and one for Watt.

Archived