Stirling Albion v Brechin City

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew there would be dark days this season but I didn't think it would be against Brechin.

Can't argue that they deserved to win but the score flattered them. In truth they only needed to score one because we never threatened.

Proof, at last, that Nick Walsh doesn't love the Albion. Now BerwickMad can leave us alone and spend the rest of the season worrying about his own teams performance.

I don't know where our fans have got this impression 'Brechin are dreadful' from. During the first half they pressed the game high and gave our midfield no time on the ball and were able to dominate territory as a result. Granted, they were almost as wasteful in possession as us, but they did manage to put together one of the few coherent moves, which resulted in the goal.

Jackson's second changed the game. Of course you'll argue that Chris Smith made a tit of it initially, but the finish was brilliant - if that's not City's goal of the season, it'll take a great strike to beat it.

No excuse for our meltdown thereafter. What had been a pretty competitive match turned ludicrously one sided as we 'defended' like a bunch of primary school kids, although our secret weapon Nick Walsh certainly do us any favours with the penalty call - looked like the foul was made about a yard outside the box to me. We could also argue that we should have had a penalty of our own, but that was at 4-0 and would have made no difference.

Not good enough from the management or the players (Lee Hamilton aside) today. We're better than that.

Terrible performance from the Albion today, even worse than against Ayr. 2 Home game played and not a single point from them.

One has to question the tatics of Greg McDonald for the match today, not that I am excusing the performances of certain players. Defensively we were poor again. Worse defence by far in this League. Brechin to be fair to them probably earned the easiest 3 points they will get this season away from home.

On performances like this we have an almighty struggle ahead to stay in this league. We play Forfar at home next week and we need to start winning at home against teams like this, anything less than 3 points even in this early part of the season will be a disaster. Question marks already over the future of Greg McDonald at this early point in the season imo..

Yep SA offered very little at the back and not much more at the other end. Smith had one save to make.

As for us I am glad Jackson has gotten his scoring off and running - the second was worthy of many adjectives.

We did press and win the ball high up the park with both our full backs being further up the pitch. It took about ten minutes for everything to settle down but out movement and passing was what McKinnon has wanted in his time here. Albeit SA made this easy.

No real failings for me in a Brechin shirt with all subs being made to keep energy up in key areas as players began to dip.

Onwards and upwards.

I knew there would be dark days this season but I didn't think it would be against Brechin.

Can't argue that they deserved to win but the score flattered them. In truth they only needed to score one because we never threatened.

Proof, at last, that Nick Walsh doesn't love the Albion. Now BerwickMad can leave us alone and spend the rest of the season worrying about his own teams performance.

A less than magnanimous post -5-0 and we were flattered by the score?

Missed the game due to a wedding but what a terrific result. Not sure where that one came from but when our attacking players such as Barr, Trouten and Jacko are on song then we'll be hard to stop. Well done City.

Wasn't much in the first half but Brechin def deserved (obviously) a comfortable win, Stirling were a shambles come the end, my concern is I think our squad is good enough to do ok in this league but is clear we don't know what our starting 11 and formation should be, missing a few bods but not sure where they're all going to fit in.

Mr Walsh had a shocker but not suggesting that would have changed the outcome, there is no way that was a pen, Smith made the infringement at least 3 yards outside the box and Brechin player continued before falling in the box, not his fault but the foul occurred the second Smith made the infringement, unless I'm wrong about that it was a shocking decision

Archived