Madara_666

The lowland league now have 14 teams, so, that says us that each club will play 26 games in this season... I think that isnt enough fixtures, and of course i think that the final size of the LL will be 16 team for next season.....

Plz I want to know if exist a possiblity of a new expansion and/or which will be the new clubs.... Thanks

16 teams is certainly the goal.

I expect another application period to begin sometime around January/February. As for teams that might apply, barring juniors coming round your left with clubs like Duns and Coldstream. However since everybody has to be licensed for next season the only club currently that can apply is Linlithgow rose.

Thanks for the repply.... but, in your opinion, Would SJFA East Region Super League decrease its level if clubs like Linlithgow Rose or Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic leave the league to join LL? What will happen whit EofSL if more clubs like Duns, Coldstream or Hawick Royal Albert leaves?

Thanks

Suspect there will be more than just the two places open at the end of this season given existing member clubs also have to get licensed by that point. Given the state of Vale of Leithen's finances, for example, is there any realistic prospect of them getting it done in time? There is also extreme skepticism amongst people who follow the juniors in the west that Lochburn Park will get the boxes ticked for Broomhill Sports Club.

Suspect there will be more than just the two places open at the end of this season given existing member clubs also have to get licensed by that point. Given the state of Vale of Leithen's finances, for example, is there any realistic prospect of them getting it done in time? There is also extreme skepticism amongst people who follow the juniors in the west that Lochburn Park will get the boxes ticked for Broomhill Sports Club.

Believe that the current state of play has only one licensed club outwith the LL ( lithgae) with more teams than that in the LL still not licensed. All this expansion talk when the most likely scenario is actually that the league shrinks. Can anyone confirm the list of non licensed clubs in the LL- I know these were the teams in the prelim round of Scottish but don't have the list to hand.

BSC and Edin Uni have 2 years from entry to get their license organised.

Do they? Haven't seen anything to suggest that. It would be wrong to allow it as well IMO.

There is no reason to panic tho, there is very little reason to expect enough teams not to get a licence that the league would be unviable.

Archived