Dumbarton v Heart of Midlothian

That makes no sense. If they haven't been to Dumbarton, how did they get a ticket?

Multiple people on the Jambos kickback board said Dumbarton sold them home end tickets no questions asked. Be interesting if you do that for Rangers.

Loyalty points! doesn't you shelling out three hundred odd quid on a season ticket give you 'loyalty points' to purchase an away ticket, shocking scheme.

Is that new for this season in the diddie league? the price of supporting a bigger club eh.

surely the non sold tickets will be released to the 130 points group, if/when they are not sold,

Likely only people who bought substantial amounts of shares in the 2012 issue would have been classed as the top 700 uber fans given the first option to go to Dumbarton. I was, I've spent north of 2 grand at HMFC over the last 3 seasons. Alas, I'm busy that day though, no Dumbarton for me.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple people on the Jambos kickback board said Dumbarton sold them home end tickets no questions asked. Be interesting if you do that for Rangers.

What sort of questions do you suggest we ask? Some Dumbarton FC trivia, try and catch them out? :lol:

There's very little our club can do to stop fans going in and buying tickets, short of doing the voucher scheme that other clubs have done but I'm not really in agreement with that as some people will genuinely miss out through no fault of their own. I imagine any Hearts fans in the home end will be ejected, as we would do with Rangers fans.

Did these fans go into the club to get their tickets? Seems a bit OTT for a home end ticket when the away ones aren't sold out. Wouldn't it be easier to find a Hearts fan in the 130-145 bracket who isn't taking a ticket and ask him to get you one for the away end? Or is there something I'm missing?

As a former West coaster with a Dumbarton supporting Dad, I've had the pleasure of visiting the ground on many occasions. Alas not this time but I've hospitality booked for the return game at Tynie at the end of October which I'm jolly well excited about!

Loyalty points! doesn't you shelling out three hundred odd quid on a season ticket give you 'loyalty points' to purchase an away ticket, shocking scheme.

Is that new for this season in the diddie league? the price of supporting a bigger club eh.

surely the non sold tickets will be released to the 130 points group, if/when they are not sold,

We've had the system in place for a few years now, works well.

You get 20 points for buying a season ticket, but essentially the more all-ticket games out with home league games you buy tickets for, the more points you got. The points are supposed to stay on your account for I think two calendar years, but the period appears to have been extended for this season Go to more games than others and you'll have more points than others. Simple really.

The points threshold gets lowered every so often if there are still tickets remaining. For most games everyone who wants a ticket will get one, but not for Dumbarton just because of the limited allocation on offer.

Folk complain but it's the fairest way to do it.

It's a pretty simple and fair system tbh, as Ian said you get 20 points per season ticket and amounts varying from 2-7 for certain away games, cup semi finals etc.

If there's only 700 tickets then they set the bar high to offer the most deserving fans a window to buy tickets if they want, it gets lower and lower towards the game till they are sold.

Before this season there was maybe only three or four games where fans with low points didn't get near tickets, Liverpool/spurs away and a few hibs away games but in general if you want one you get one.

Hearing rumours that Hearts have gone back into administration and will be forced to field the youths in this game. I reckon this second admin will be the end of them. #RIPJambos

Try not to excite the Hibs fans please! :P

Archived