Livi v Alloa

Didn't need to get out of first gear today, so happy about that, keeps us fresh for next week.

Jordan White is looking sharp, 7 goals he is on now, bullied the Alloa defence all game.

Hippo came on and tried a few flicks and tricks, looked comfortable enough.

Defence didn't have to do anything all day so we don't know what they are like without Gallagher bossing the place.

Decent win for the lads, maybe get a test next week

:) completely chilled out waspy just hoping we don't dwell on this scoreline too much put it to the back of our minds and continue on with our season, Glad Miller is out though! :thumsup2

Good stuff fellow wasp, I reckon the players had 1 eye on next week and tbh McDowal is prone to the odd error when dealing with crosses.

Good stuff fellow wasp, I reckon the players had 1 eye on next week and tbh McDowal is prone to the odd error when dealing with crosses.

Yeah I think we need to get a settled back 5 we need the defence and goalkeeper who are confident working with each other the games I've seen it still looks like they are still trying to get used to Gibson in goals and having to change to McDowall doesn't help things either but hopefully we can get things settled.

One of the worst games I've seen from alloa in a good while. In the first half I thought sparky put in a great performance but he kind of faded out in the second. Ben Gordon had a decent game aswell but apart from that Noone else even played well.

That was probably the worst game I have ever seen Cawley play, I'm a massive fan of his but there's no defending him for the display. Spence made some decent runs in the first half but just had no service. Hopefully we can pick it up and take another result from one of "the big 3"

That was probably the worst game I have ever seen Cawley play, I'm a massive fan of his but there's no defending him for the display.

To be fair, it looked like he'd been identified as the Alloa danger man and Keaghan Jacobs and O'Brien gave him now time on the ball at all. They are both very good players.

The margin of the defeat was down to one very bad and one just bad pieces of goalkeeping from McDowell. The first goal was soft too, as McCord and Doyle seemed to have a misunderstanding about who was going to clear the ball (from a not particularly dangerous situation) and left the Livi player to swing in a cross from which we conceded a corner. We were also slack defending the corner as Fordyce lost his marker to score with a header at the back post.

So, 3-0 down and Livi haven't really had to play all that well. In fact I was thinking before they took the lead that they didn't seem to have as much flair players or pace to hurt us as they did last year. Having said that they look more like a McGlynn team now and generally a more solid unit all round.

Let's hope we get Gibson back for next week and he goes on to have a good run of form. I'm hoping that will help settle down the defence generally. I'd also like to see Marr or Benedictus come in to central defence and Meggatt moved to left back. Sparky has done well enough there and against the weaker teams has given us another attacking option, but Meggatt is the stronger defender and is also much better in the air.

It might also be an opportunity to tweak things in formation and personnel. Big game next week and hopefully the players will bounce back with a good performance and result.

To be fair, it looked like he'd been identified as the Alloa danger man and Keaghan Jacobs and O'Brien gave him now time on the ball at all. They are both very good players.

The margin of the defeat was down to one very bad and one just bad pieces of goalkeeping from McDowell. The first goal was soft too, as McCord and Doyle seemed to have a misunderstanding about who was going to clear the ball (from a not particularly dangerous situation) and left the Livi player to swing in a cross from which we conceded a corner. We were also slack defending the corner as Fordyce lost his marker to score with a header at the back post.

So, 3-0 down and Livi haven't really had to play all that well. In fact I was thinking before they took the lead that they didn't seem to have as much flair players or pace to hurt us as they did last year. Having said that they look more like a McGlynn team now and generally a more solid unit all round.

Let's hope we get Gibson back for next week and he goes on to have a good run of form. I'm hoping that will help settle down the defence generally. I'd also like to see Marr or Benedictus come in to central defence and Meggatt moved to left back. Sparky has done well enough there and against the weaker teams has given us another attacking option, but Meggatt is the stronger defender and is also much better in the air.

It might also be an opportunity to tweak things in formation and personnel. Big game next week and hopefully the players will bounce back with a good performance and result.

Pretty good assessment, Keaghan is about the only player left from last season that can turn a game with a bit of something special. Hippolyte is the only real flair player we have at Livi but he's being used sparingly coming on as a sub. We're much more solid in defence this season, although Sives in the first half was doing his best to muck that up with some slack and mental passes that put us under pressure.

Thought our first goal was a good one, we're usually terrible at set pieces but Talbot put in a good cross for the goal, 2nd was a floaty ball that shouldn't have caused any problems but your keeper made a complete pigs ear of it. Didn't think we did much to be 2 up though, we created far more against Dumbarton and imo deserved to be 2 up against them in our last league game but went in 0-0, weird game football. Imo Alloa are a better team than them but haven't a player like Kane up front to cause teams problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why we can't defend long balls we're a big enough team, 1st goal was a simple corner into the box and he's given a free run on a header 2nd goal is a long ball into the box 3rd goal the keeper should be holding onto that first shot and not allowing the rebound 3 disasterous goals to give away for us.

Archived