You want more powers guaranteed? Vote Yes, it *is* that simple.

Casual Bystander

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine if the electoral commission do admonish BTUKOK for illegal campaigning activities?

That would kill off any lingering hopes they had. It would end them.

And I, in true Kevin Keegan style, would LOVE it.

Imagine if the electoral commission do admonish BTUKOK for illegal campaigning activities?

That would kill off any lingering hopes they had. It would end them.

And I, in true Kevin Keegan style, would LOVE it.

^^^^ Has forgotten how that worked out for Kevin Keegan

What would likely happen in such circumstances? A swing to yes? Is that all? (As if that wasn't enough!) Just wondering what the consequences are.

What would likely happen in such circumstances? A swing to yes? Is that all? (As if that wasn't enough!) Just wondering what the consequences are.

I would imagine they'd get no more than a slap on the wrist, but publically, it would finish them.

There has been talk that what has happened here was also against the law. If this is true, then should it be unreasonable for those who broke the law to be dealt with accordingly?

It's not against the law - the UK govt aren't covered by these rules, but they gave a gentleman's agreement they would abide by them. This needs to be the focus from Yes - how can you trust someone to keep a promise when by offering that promise they were actually breaking another promise.

It's not against the law - the UK govt aren't covered by these rules, but they gave a gentleman's agreement they would abide by them. This needs to be the focus from Yes - how can you trust someone to keep a promise when by offering that promise they were actually breaking another promise.

Talk was not of the Edinburgh agreement itself, it was more along the laws of an election. Don't know if they cover a referendum also.

Right, this is totally not against the Edinburgh Agreement. How do I know this? Because it's very simple, read my lips....

NO MORE POWERS

That's what the Bitters are offering. Absolutely nothing different to what was offered beforehand. All they are doing is providing a time frame for what they had already loosely offered.

So, ask yourself, why didn't Westminster think that it was right for them to do this in the first 2 years of the campaign rather than in the last 10 days? One might suggest it's a sense of complacency.

Right, this is totally not against the Edinburgh Agreement. How do I know this? Because it's very simple, read my lips....

NO MORE POWERS

That's what the Bitters are offering. Absolutely nothing different to what was offered beforehand. All they are doing is providing a time frame for what they had already loosely offered.

So, ask yourself, why didn't Westminster think that it was right for them to do this in the first 2 years of the campaign rather than in the last 10 days? One might suggest it's a sense of complacency.

So it's not about " NO MORE POWERS ".

It is, about when we will get " NO MORE POWERS "?

Gotcha.

So it's not about " NO MORE POWERS ".

It is, about when we will get " NO MORE POWERS "?

Gotcha.

Exactly that. OK, let's be fair there are some powers that have been soft shoe shuffled towards the Scots with no guarantees, but in terms of what is to be offered it's no more new powers, just clarification of what all 3 parties were soft of offering before.

Westminster felt that they didn't need to tell us until the very last minute. Why do you think that is? It's surely not part of their campaign strategy, "Let's wait until people have sent in the postal votes then we'll flesh out the details".

Archived