You want more powers guaranteed? Vote Yes, it *is* that simple.

Casual Bystander

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire unless I could piss petrol.

I think Frankie Boyle's view on John Terry could be matched to my feelings on Osborne.

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Infact, If I'd been drinking heavily all day, and I really needed a piss, and I'd had to queue to get into the toilet, and he was on fire right next to the toilet bowl..........I'd use the sink.

It seems that Osborne is not offering anything new, just a different timetable to what they had offered before.

Whether this turns out to be the case we'll need to wait and see. After all, revealing possibly the biggest policy change in a campaign that has been running for 2 years is always best done just days before people go to the polls and after people have sent in their postal votes.

Does he know what we know and is trying to prevent a meltdown by offering god knows what before the Biggie on the 18th. :)

As much as I agree it "negates" the spirit of the Edinburgh Agreement, it's not breaking the rules.

The 3 parties will say they are independent (ha!) of Better Together and that their offer is nothing to do with the referendum just that the will only be implemented if Scotland is still part of the Union. Even if someone was to bring legal action, it'll happen way too late, the offer will have been made.

Unethical? Of course, but that is to be expected, Westminster will be trying every dirty trick going.

This just goes to underline why you cannot trust whatever they offer.

As much as I agree it "negates" the spirit of the Edinburgh Agreement, it's not breaking the rules.

The 3 parties will say they are independent (ha!) of Better Together and that their offer is nothing to do with the referendum just that the will only be implemented if Scotland is still part of the Union. Even if someone was to bring legal action, it'll happen way too late, the offer will have been made.

Unethical? Of course, but that is to be expected, Westminster will be trying every dirty trick going.

They may state that they are independent of Better Together, they are all however registered with the Electoral Commision as Campaigners and are therefore subject to the same restrictions.

Salmond could do a counter offer that could win it for Yes.

I've got one suggestion - but I'll keep my powder dry on it.

To be honest if I was Yes Scotland or the Scottish Government I wouldn't start making threats with regards to it breaking the rules of the Edinburgh Agreement. Just let them get on with it, make their offer, and watch as it inevitably doesn't make any difference.

To be honest if I was Yes Scotland or the Scottish Government I wouldn't start making threats with regards to it breaking the rules of the Edinburgh Agreement. Just let them get on with it, make their offer, and watch as it inevitably doesn't make any difference.

That is the kind of complacency we don't need. Every single piece of underhand dirty trick needs to be taken head on by the leaders of Yes Scotland whilst the grass roots keeps going with town hall meetings and door to door visits. No let up not even for a minute.

Archived