18th September - Your plans?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no i will vote no and then accept whatever the result may be on the 19th and from there we can move on. however some people are going to be genuinley broken men on the 19th, worryting times for them.

Dont you worry mate you can always phone the Samaritans. (Pause for wee smiley in case you think I am being serious :P )

no i will vote no and then accept whatever the result may be on the 19th and from there we can move on. however some people are going to be genuinley broken men on the 19th, worryting times for them.

All of us will be obliged to accept the result and move on. Some of us thing this is a monumental moment and, depending upon age, a possible once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

A NO result will upset me, I make no apologies for saying that. A future election delivering a Tory government following a NO vote will enrage me.

I think a Yes vote would be more unifying. It will undoubtedly be exciting (either elating or horrifying) but whatever way you voted, I'd hope people would think we were all in same direction of travel for a better Scotland.

I can't say the same for a No vote. There will be no excitement about the future, unless you are the sort of person to get worked up about the point of extracting housing benefit from universal credit.

Careful... are there enough lads about for you to feel safe here little paws?

You have made a rip roaring arse of yourself on here today, Anthony.

Go and have a lie down and try again tomorrow.

:)

Fucking nightshift on the 18th. Which means I'll be awake when the whole deal happens, but in work. Not ideal obviously and, as you'd expect, getting a holiday was a bit difficult.

Ah well. My Saturday night will be fun the following weekend. That's for sure.

I wonder if they'll show Braveheart on the Wednesday night next week? My guess is given the television networks are all for the union they won't.

If you believe the Internet, this has been refused a slot on British TV for all the obvious reasons...

..despite being filmed in Scotland and funded by Lottery money.

Fucking nightshift on the 18th. Which means I'll be awake when the whole deal happens, but in work. Not ideal obviously and, as you'd expect, getting a holiday was a bit difficult.

Ah well. My Saturday night will be fun the following weekend. That's for sure.

Same. I'm not working on the Friday though so if it's the Yes vote that I'm praying it will be my plans on the 19th will be sleep till 1 then pub till Monday. If it's a No then I'll still be going to a party to drown my sorrows but will no doubt leave it at that and just spend the rest of the weekend watching football.

You know I will actually hold off on the drinking during this referendum until I know for sure that the vote is no, which is completely out of character for myself.

If it's yes and confirmed, I'll will leave my house and just go out and walk about in it all for the entire night, take it all in and not return until the sun came up the next morning. Watching, talking, sympathizing with and hugging random strangers in what will be a one-in-a-lifetime moment would be something that seems to be too big to be taken in by any other means than a sober perspective.

Archived