18th September - Your plans?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to the Better Together celebration party at Portobello town hall.

I knew the YES campaign was gaining momentum, but Better Together having a celebration party for a YES vote takes it to a whole new level. :)

You are a despicable human being!

Only kidding...

You're not human.

That's quite some distance to travel to give it a GIRFUY given it says you are in Inverness.

I knew the YES campaign was gaining momentum, but Better Together having a celebration party for a YES vote takes it to a whole new level. :)

The story about Hibs fans pre-booking Portobello town hall to celebrate them relegating Hearts obviously isn't as well known as I thought. :(

Without wishing to intrude, does she support independence? Not that I am in any way suggesting a vote either way is more important to you than your mum, but, and I really don't wish to sound trite, if she was a supporter of independence then to see Scotland become independent may give her some comfort.

As I say, apologies if that sounds trite and I hope you take it as it's intended.

She's a soft Yes, the more she knows the more she heads towards Yes. My old man is hard Yes and it'd certainly be good for him.

The story about Hibs fans pre-booking Portobello town hall to celebrate them relegating Hearts obviously isn't as well known as I thought. :(

Forgive me I didn't realise they had.

She's a soft Yes, the more she knows the more she heads towards Yes. My old man is hard Yes and it'd certainly be good for him.

Rotten situation, mate, f**k all I can say, but thanks for replying.

I'm probably going to vote whenever I fucking feel like it, preferably at a quieter time to avoid the inevitable gatherings of shouty NCC warriors in kilts outside the polling stations.

On the night I'll hopefully be out getting trolleyed with my mates. I'll come in steaming at around 4am* and if it's a No I'm going to have an absolute field day given how seething the Yes types will be.

If it's a Yes I'll take my (well deserved) ripping from the Yes lads and then get on with it I guess.

I'll be going about my business as usual and revising for an exam. I can see me being a wreck all day tbh.

I'm prepared for a Yes vote, but will still be very disappointed if that is indeed the case. In all honesty, a very narrow No win will leave me almost as disappointed.

Not decided whether or not to have the 19th off yet to stay up and watch the result.

Hibs fans didn't actually book at Porty Town Hall btw, it's an unrunning PnB joke.

That said, I've hired out The Hive for a 19th of September Better Together party. Gonna be so dece.

Hospital appointment at 1 on the 18th, so off that day anyway. Will vote on the way home from that. Plan is to stay up and watch the results, but I'll probably end up falling asleep around 1 and missing it all. Off again on the 19th for a follow-up at the hospital. Meant to be getting a blood pressure monitor fitted, could be some interesting results...

Based abroad so don't have the vote so will try and get some sleep the 18th. Up at 6am. If it's looking like a yes head straight to the airport and come home for a 3 day session.

If it's the unthinkable ill prob have to take an extra few days off to avoid the slagging for being bottle merchants

I'm on holiday hence my need for a postal vote this time. I'm supposed to be out in the Hebrides with a few like minded friends, however my mum has just been told she's terminal cancer and may have not long to live. Can see the whole thing being pretty sobering even if the vote does go the way I want.

That's horrendous, sorry to hear that dude. Hope she's as comfortable as she can be.

Archived