18th September - Your plans?

You know I will actually hold off on the drinking during this referendum until I know for sure that the vote is no, which is completely out of character for myself.

If it's yes and confirmed, I'll will leave my house and just go out and walk about in it all for the entire night, take it all in and not return until the sun came up the next morning. Watching, talking, sympathizing with and hugging random strangers in what will be a one-in-a-lifetime moment would be something that seems to be too big to be taken in by any other means than a sober perspective.

Walk up towards Gifford and you can come give me a hug.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In college on the day and the day after so aye, I'll likely be involved in or at least witness some kind of riot no matter what the result is, if the first few weeks of the course are anything to go by. It's a journalism course so naturally there are some strong opposing opinions.

In college on the day and the day after so aye, I'll likely be involved in or at least witness some kind of riot no matter what the result is, if the first few weeks of the course are anything to go by. It's a journalism course so naturally there are some strong opposing opinions.

Well the ones that are pro-independence will be unemployable based on the coverage we have seen.

I have found that so often with No voters. This isn't true for all of them, but there is a huge number of No voters who haven't read any facts and base their opinions entirely on what they've read in the papers and see on the television. Then, when you try and discuss it with them, they'd really rather not engage at all.

It's almost as if they're scared of the truth,

They probably want to avoid your repetitive, boring, independence patter tbf.

Similarly here, I'm doing a Social Sciences course at college, politics included, so also a strong mix of opinions!

Always stay up on election nights and thankfully I don't start college until 1pm on Fridays!

Similarly here, I'm doing a Social Sciences course at college, politics included, so also a strong mix of opinions!

Always stay up on election nights and thankfully I don't start college until 1pm on Fridays!

I'm in from 9, meaning a 7am start. f**k knows how I'm going to cope.

Careful... are there enough lads about for you to feel safe here little paws?

post-15829-0-02606400-1410380449_thumb.j

Probably. I am rather boring, tbf.

Why are you anti-independence? I notice you're a Rangers fan. Quelle surprise.

No surprise at all to see the world's more servile, deferential supporters hoping for a "no".

I pretty much live in Edinburgh now buddy. I can meet you half way in Ormiston though?

We can embrace on the bings by the old railway line and raise a flag while we survey the new kingdom... Actually I'll need to get some shut eye as I'll be working on the 19th.

If it's a YES vote I'll probably come onto this thread at some point on the 19th and see what folk are saying.

If it's a NO vote I'll probably avoid this thread for a bit.

I'm on holiday from the 20th anyway so can celebrate/drown my sorrows in warmer climes.

Vote, then I'm pretty much volunteering for Labour all day, edited meeting with a few friends and we're going to continue with our election night ritual of an Indian takeaway and up all night watching the results.

Normally I have a bottle of something nice in to celebrate with if my chosen side win the election (and save it for something else when Labour don't win), but not bothering for Thursday. If No win I doubt I will be excited or celebratory, just relieved and conscious that the hard work is about to start. I'll save the celebration for if Labour win next year.

Archived