18th September - Your plans?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my birthday tomorrow. This referendum pish has somewhat overshadowed that.

I'll be voting after work then parking my arse in front of the telly until it's time to go back to work on Friday morning. Haven't had a drink since Germany last week but will be having one or two if it's a YES.

Vote Yes, then continue renovating the new house. Cross my fingers that plenty others vote Yes too. Hopefully at least 51%.

That's as realistic as it can be. It'll be close but even if there's a No vote, there'll be another referendum. Salmond is so full of sh*t it's untrue

out at 7am to vote yes

then straight to work, will try and stay focussed on that until 1pm, when i'm going to the pub for a cheeky beer (variety bar i'd imagine),

then i'll be distracted for the rest of the day.... will stay in wok until 5ish reminding everyone to vote instead of just going home or to pub to watch the celtic game. (could the timing of this match be any worse - have Celtic's unionist directors had a say in this kickoff time?)

then pub to watch the celtic game - will try to drink as much as i can so i can sleep easy and hopefully wake up in time for the result.

Very excited - guess this is what proper democracy feels like.

What time do the polling stations close at anyway?

10 pm. If you're in the polling station at that time you will be allowed to vote, if you're outside you won't. Don't know what determines inside our out (building probably). But anyone who leaves it that late deserves what they get.

10 pm. If you're in the polling station at that time you will be allowed to vote, if you're outside you won't. Don't know what determines inside our out (building probably). But anyone who leaves it that late deserves what they get.

Thanks. I'm working on late tomorrow, but I should be make it there before then.

Thanks. I'm working on late tomorrow, but I should be make it there before then.

Ask your work if you can leave 10 minutes early to ensure you're there in time to vote. Guarantee that they will let you. Don't risk it missing your chance to vote.

Is that true? I remember in 2010 they had to shut the polling station at 10pm on the dot and anyone in the queue lost their vote.

Archived