Don't buy the Record any more

Confidemus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, it's utterly pish. Buy it and then use it when you go for a shite, if you wish.

This could be important, imo...

It's not particularly good paper for this purpose. I used a Sun newspaper once. Pretty poor.

The Record's raison d'etre is to suck old firm cock. I don't think double the normal circulation today would make a difference.

There is a difference between changing prinicples for the sake of it's agenda, rather than changing their agenda for the sake of their priniciples.

This paper for me, is strongly in the former, because a) It has little to no principles anyway, and b) it's agenda is to pander to the biggest majority of weapons that will buy it.

One day's article will not change that.

We all know it's a shite paper with no morals but...

If today's edition sells a good deal more copies than yesterday's, this may change their allegiance. Change their allegiance and you'll probably get enough extra votes from their brainwashed readership to see us over the line.

f**k their principles or lack thereof.

We all know it's a shite paper with no morals but...

If today's edition sells a good deal more copies than yesterday's, this may change their allegiance. Change their allegiance and you'll probably get enough extra votes from their brainwashed readership to see us over the line.

f**k their principles or lack thereof.

I completely agree. They use us to fulfill their needs, why shouldn't we do the same?

Also they don't give a flying f**k about independence. They'll back a winner every time, as will the Sun, who had Bill Leckie flirting yesterday.

We are used and manipulated by the media every day of our lives. No reason why we can't do the same.

Reckon both the Record and the Sun are preparing to turn! Both s*ite rags, but they're just following the swing, shows how fickle they are. Just hope it's too late to influence people outside their readership.

I think the Sun dropped a big hint by giving Leckie his two page spread on changing from No to Yes, and putting that on their front page.

As much as I admire the idea. There are not enough Pro indy Pie and Bovril readers to make a dent. There should have been a concerted effort nationally for this to be successful. Way too late now

I'm sure I'm not the only Yes voter to come up with the idea. If enough small groups buy a copy each, we can increase the sales for today's edition.

And as boabinoban says, newspaper editors will always back a winner.

I genuinely think if we can get the Record or Sun onside, it's dans le sac.

Same. Wouldn't be seen in public with it and I'm not giving them any money.

Jesus. Please put your principles aside for ONE day and consider what boabinoban and I have said above..

ETA: Buy it and put it in the nearest bin outside the shop if you wish.

If I thought it would make any difference, I would buy it, but it will do nothing. The Record isn't going to come out for Yes until Labour comes out for Yes, and that's not going to happen.

Regardless. When this is all over, Yes or No, the Daily Record must be destroyed.

Archived