Beith Juniors v Arthurlie

beith19

Beith are looking forward to welcoming the 'Lie to Bellsdale on Saturday.

They are usually very good open games of attacking football so hopefully this one will be no different.

Our bar will be open from noon to 1.50pm, with all fans welcome.

Every post I look into old winton rover is a busy busy man.Taking this game in tomorrow as always enjoy watching our battles with beith.Both teams needing points on the board after disappointing starts.If arthurlie play to there potential a can see them being victorious.imagine a lot of changes from both teams after poor results.both teams have decent strike force so all down to the defences to stay strong and keep the opposite team out. Beith (MacLean) 1-3 (Barr, Stewart and McGregor) Arthurlie.

Old school winton is entitled to his opinions of course but if his own team ever manage to grace the super premier league never mind win it then we will take his points that bit more seriously .

Games between beith and arthurlie usually have got that extra edge to them for me due to the close arthurlie/ Barrhead links that beith have.

Should be a cracking game tomorrow and I'm going 10-9 to beith . ;)

Old school winton is entitled to his opinions of course but if his own team ever manage to grace the super premier league never mind win it then we will take his points that bit more seriously .

Games between beith and arthurlie usually have got that extra edge to them for me due to the close arthurlie/ Barrhead links that beith have.

Should be a cracking game tomorrow and I'm going 10-9 to beith . ;)

Check you corner flags are the correct height, or some rocket on our committee might put in a protest!

Check you corner flags are the correct height, or some rocket on our committee might put in a protest!

We will even ensure our pitch is level to stop an imminent arthurlie protest. ;)

Last time I was down I saw Marc mcshane standing behind the bottom goals and wee joe Bradley standing behind the top goals, they both looked about the same height so that means our pitch is now level. ;)

We will even ensure our pitch is level to stop an imminent arthurlie protest. ;)

Last time I was down I saw Marc mcshane standing behind the bottom goals and wee joe Bradley standing behind the top goals, they both looked about the same height so that means our pitch is now level. ;)

Mini me would be taller than Jaws fae James Bond at Bellsdale lol. Think al get a surveyor in to measure the exact drop ha ha

Cannot see beith doing anything other than being the whipping boys of the premier

no chance of that,this isn't the winton we are on about here,there's been many a season when they have been the whipping boys,beith will compete most weeks and will be with more than half the league are in trying to survive,don't see them being cast adrift at the bottom

no chance of that,this isn't the winton we are on about here,there's been many a season when they have been the whipping boys,beith will compete most weeks and will be with more than half the league are in trying to survive,don't see them being cast adrift at the bottom

Totally agree.

They are damn good goin forward & will score a lot of goals. But the issue is can they stop them at the other end?

Spoken to Hertha at length about this & while we disagree on Sheridan (a think he's a big carthorse) we both agree new signings need to be made.

Don't think Mcdonald when fit is his ideal partner as he isn't flight of foot either

An Alan Rennie type would be ideal but there ain't many of them about these days

Fair play to Beith the day showing a bit of character.

Too many people saw 8-2 last week and starting lapping it up talking about relegation etc. when in reality 4 late goals were lost with 10 men against the best team in the league, that doesn't say a whole lot about the actual quality in the team (or supposed lack of).

A good result today for the whipping boys in a 4-2 victory. ;)

A fantastic hat trick from Darren christie and a simply stunning finish from Kenny McLean.

COTM .

Thought we were poor and Beith wanted it more than us which is the worrying thing for me.Thought mclean was offside at his goal and Christies 3rd but great finish from mclean all the same

I've thought lots about how I would feel if a beith boy scored a hat trick against us today as per Darren being a Barrhead boy scoring a hat trick against his own home town team.

Add in other Barrhead boys like joe Bradley, steg mckeown, Daniel McKay etc coupled with our management team and ex arthurlie players then I would be pig sick as an arthurlie fan .

I thought before the game that this one giving the strong beith juniors connections with arthurlie/ Barrhead made this the perfect one for us to bounce back upon after our game at talbot.

We showed great spirit to come back from last weeks adversity although we realise that its 100% strictly one game a time in this league as every fixture is ultra competitive.

Hertha premier league this season looks like being toughest for a few years !!!

I agree mate and both ourselves and ladeside really need to be on top of our game every single week to get points on the board.

Probably further testimony to me as to why it should be a 16 team top league with more breathing space as opposed to a rat race to only 22 fixtures fulfilled .

Archived