Old Public Information Films

FlyerTon

Remember as a kid having the utter fear of catching rabies, all due to watching a BBC drama (I think) based on the outbreak of the disease in Britain. This would have been around the mid 80's iirc.

Got bitten while feeding the squirrels in Princes Street Gardens around this time and spent the following weeks convinced I was going to start foaming at the mouth!

That was "The Mad Death" & it was on again recently. They used East Kilbride shopping centre for part of it & Kilmarnock hospital. Jimmy Logan got nominated for a BAFTA I think for best supporting actor or something. The story was written by Nigel Slater in his attempt to be a horror writer before he started all that "Simple Suppers" pish.

This is the banned version of the Rabies Means Death advert during the 1970s - you can guess what parts were taken out before it was allowed on TV.

As for The Spirit Of Dark & Lonely Water, wasn't a trance version of that mixed by some DJ a posthumous hit for Donald Pleasance in the 90s?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody remember the one where an old wifie is up a stepladder trying to fix a lightbulb or put something on a Christmas tree (cant remember exactly what it was) and she fell off and crashed into a glass fronted display cabinet thingy?

This one?

Archived