Scotlands Best Pizza

My local takeaway Casablanca on Clarence Drive do some outstanding pizzas. Thin and crispy with plenty of toppings, without the grease you get with a dominos.

Seconded! It's a bit too far for me to walk now unfortunately but the pizzas are superb

I worked as pizza chef in Little Italy for a few years until about 2006 - the pizzas were quite nice.

My favourite though, was Big Blue on Gt Western Rd. Unfortunately they got new owners a few years ago and the standards started to slip. I don't even think its there anymore.

Big Blue is now Inn Deep, if I'm not mistaken.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amore on Ingram Street in Glasgow are good, Republic Bier Halle on Gordon Street are decent too and they do 2 for 1 seven days a week and they have a good selection of beers to wash them down with.

I like the Bier Halle pizza's too, definitely one of my fave pizza places. I'm more of a curry kind of a cat myself so I can't claim to be an expert but the Bier Halle has a variety and all the ones I've tried have been excellent.

The chippy over the road from your house in your teuchter town probably isn't the best pizza in all of Scotland folks.

Unless you live on strathmartine Rd and that chippy is Luigi's.

The chippy over the road from your house in your teuchter town probably isn't the best pizza in all of Scotland folks.

These sort of 'best of' threads always descend into "I once tried one in [enter town or village] and it was decent" ones.

I vaguely remember trudging through the snow about 3am absolutely ruined in Aberdeen a few years back, sharing a fucking amazing pizza with a couple of mates. No idea where we'd been or where we got the pizza - just remember the pizza was bloody brilliant.

My money would be on Kordoba's midway up George St. Great when waking up to a few uneaten slices still in the box the morning after... and a bunch of Thains bakers bags because a massive pizza each just wasn't enough to put you off the idea of a fresh pie from a few doors up.

These sort of 'best of' threads always descend into "I once tried one in [enter town or village] and it was decent" ones.

My money would be on Kordoba's midway up George St. Great when waking up to a few uneaten slices still in the box the morning after... and a bunch of Thains bakers bags because a massive pizza each just wasn't enough to put you off the idea of a fresh pie from a few doors up.

Seeing the lights of Thains on the George Street horizon was akin how I imagine lost explorers felt when coming across an oasis in the desert. And lost explorers don't have the stress of trying to avoid being sick/savaged by a man-eating seagull/mown down by a £35,000 Mercedes inexplicably being used as a taxi.

My favourite just now would be Pizza magic on Hyndland road in Glasgow west end, lovely thin freshly made base and good quality toppings the pepperoni is exceptionally tasty

I'm another one who doesn't get the 3 in 1 pizza love in, always thought they were rank but my mates loved them

Another shout for the Asda ones. Got a Chilli Beef and Nacho pizza sitting in the freezer that will probably be gobbled up tonight.

I love the Asda pizza's. Really wish there was Asda near Dalkeith :(. As we already have Tesco, Sainsbury and Morrisons :(

Chapeau to Bateman's comment here, but the Bilal in Auchterarder is a tremendous vendor of Indian and related cuisine.

Had a chicken tikka, green chili and onion 12" on Saturday, and it was sensational. Crisp base, contents cooked perfectly, and the cheese was done to a t.

Il Capriccio, just opened a few weeks ago in Hamilton do very good pizza. Any pizza from a chippy/kebab shop is invariably shite

I'd agree with your last bit for the most part, but my local kebab/Indian takeaway make all their pizza dough themselves and their pizzas are very good. I've been in plenty though that use the premade bases which are just awful.

Archived