A Question For No Voters

Gaz

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How exactly does bringing immigrants in to the country entice businesses to take on more staff?

I never said it did. You stated

Now, if the total number of jobs in the economy was increased, now we're talking...

And my post was in answer to this point.

However since you asked the question. If there is a larger population base then the requirement for service for these people will lead to increased employment

This is a question I've asked the few people I know who are No voters, but haven't (by their own admission) received a reasonable response. I'm not having a go, I'm just genuinely interested in the answer. I'm going to lift my question almost word-for-word from a post I made the other day.

I can fully understand that people are concerned, however rationally / irrationally you want to look at it, about finances after independence if the Yes movement wins - pensions, savings accounts, interest rates, welfare, etc.. I can fully understand that people believe finances in an independent Scotland will be a risk.

My question is thus: what is it about an independent Scotland that you believe is more risky than staying in the union, which is currently one-and-a-half trillion pounds in debt (and this debt is rising by over a hundred billion pounds a year) and has a basket-case of a failed economy based largely on financial speculators and the London property market, and an upcoming pensions crisis caused by a refusal to admit that immigration is the solution? What is it about this financial situation the union is in that makes you believe your finances are safer than in an independent Scotland?

As I've said, not having a go - I just haven't had a No voter give me a satisfactory (again, by their own admission) answer.

Over to you.

Just bumped this and posted it on Facebook. Ta.

In what way is the UK a "basket-case" economy?

How many "basket-case" economies are there in the EU then, out of interest?

If No can be accused of dissing iScotland then Yes face the same accusation over the UK economy.

http://reports.weforum.org/global-competitiveness-report-2014-2015/economies/#economy=GBR

The UK is 9th in terms of global competitveness.

There's not going to be an economic Armageddon with either Yes or No.

If No can be accused of dissing iScotland then Yes face the same accusation over the UK economy.

http://reports.weforum.org/global-competitiveness-report-2014-2015/economies/#economy=GBR

Whoop! Whoop!

38th in quality of secondary education.

54th in terms of secondary enrollment rate.

Well, exactly. It does the Yes campaign no credit.

The problems the UK face, iScotland is going to face also. Debt, an ageing population with pensions to pay for, and spending beyond our means currently, so facing either cuts to services, tax rises or borrowing to support spending.

Holy f**k.

Comparing the SNP to the ANC. :lol:

How could you possibly compare the political landscape of South Africa to Scotland?

With the NO voters scrambling for anything sensible to say, don't be surprised if the amount of shite they come up with gets more and more ridiculous.

Archived