All things Dundee FC

Would take TW in a heartbeat. I know it's all hypothetical, but the way you lot are talking, it's as if dundee have sacked him. As if dundee have chosen the right thing to do instead of the ignorant [emoji23]. Can't see them sacking him, unless we continually fail to win.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It's a no from me. Plus he wouldn't come back.

Do you not remember the shit feeling after getting horsed by Aberdeen and with a Considine hat trick.

He'd ran out of ideas for sure. He deserved the bullet at the time 100%.

He's a proven quality manager for our position though and whilst it's easy to play down, gave us a club to be proud of (other than the period you mention) and has the potential to do it again IMO.

Tommy Wright. Now.
Or Hartley.
Let's just not f**k about for once.
Why would Hartley return even if we sacked McPake and approached him again?

Not saying he wouldn't if we did, or posing the question to you in particular. Just wondering what his rationale would be to come back. Sense of unfinished business maybe?

When he first game in he did well getting promotion and top 6, but the club and team got worse every season after that. Wasn't just down to him obviously, and it didnt help when those above sold stewart and hemmings for 750k.[emoji2369]

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

He's a proven quality manager for our position though and whilst it's easy to play down, gave us a club to be proud of (other than the period you mention) and has the potential to do it again IMO.

Would he come back? A win for him next week would see the end for McPake wouldn’t it?

Do you not remember the shit feeling after getting horsed by Aberdeen and with a Considine hat trick.
Bad enough getting hammered by the Old firm and united, even the 4-0 from the farmers was bad but the 7-0 was the worst. Surprised Celtic signed scott bain after that performance among all the others.

3 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Why would Hartley return even if we sacked McPake and approached him again?

Not saying he wouldn't if we did, or posing the question to you in particular. Just wondering what his rationale would be to come back. Sense of unfinished business maybe?

When he first game in he did well getting promotion and top 6, but the club and team got worse every season after that. Wasn't just down to him obviously, and it didnt help when those above sold stewart and hemmings for 750k.emoji2369.png

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Would he come back? A win for him next week would see the end for McPake wouldn’t it?

He might not. He's got it cushty at Cove and his father in law or something if chief exec there which makes it a harder sell. I remember an interview just after he'd turned Cardiff down at his peak with us in which he stated he'd never been happier at a club than ourselves, had no plans to leave  loved it and then name checked the likes of Brian Scrimgeour as being his best mate (Because of Dundee). He bought into the club big time - who knows if that feeling still holds?

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't get me wrong, we had some good times with Hartley but Stewart and Hemmings covered up a lot of cracks for him. Look forward, not back. I mean he is hardly Scott or Duffy.

I think we should give WGS (if he wants it) on a interim basis and have him assist in a proper manager search, no trainees.

4 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:
13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Bad enough getting hammered by the Old firm and united, even the 4-0 from the farmers was bad but the 7-0 was the worst. Surprised Celtic signed scott bain after that performance among all the others.

Easy to remember the bad times yet he was the manager to get us legitimately promoted for the first time since Jocky Scott in 1999. 

He was the manager for the team that was responsible for getting us our highest finish since Jocky in 2000.

He was the manager that led the team to shutting the Derry by shutting up United.

And he was also the manager that led us to the Doon Derby.

These are hardly crowning achievements that outsiders looking in can easily say are shite, but no other manager for quite a good while before or since can claim to some of the stuff he has. And whilst Hartley will get tagged with the original 6-2 and the 0-7 vs Aberdeen, it's not like we've been short of a few hiding before then or since.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Don't get me wrong, we had some good times with Hartley but Stewart and Hemmings covered up a lot of cracks for him. Look forward, not back. I mean he is hardly Scott or Duffy.

I think we should give WGS (if he wants it) on a interim basis and have him assist in a proper manager search, no trainees.

Indeed, but it was Hartley that signed them two to cover those cracks. If only a manager could cover cracks like that since Jocky in the late 90s!

I agree, he's hardly Scott or Duffy and I think you know my feelings on them! 

I'd go for WGS in a heartbeat. He was trending on Twitter in regards to Celtic yesterday but as I argued then, he's apparently considers himself retired from management and has the ultimate passion project with zero pressure on him and gets to spend the weekend with the grandkids - why would he want to ruin his legacy?