All things Dundee FC

I normally get excited no matter who it is that signs, it’s that hope that keeps you going! It does seem like we are starting to assemble strength in some areas I just worry that the incompetence of the manager might end up stopping us mounting any sort of challenge from the start. I hope I’m wrong and he gets things right this season.. We will have a good idea where we are after Tynecastle, hopefully having not had the stuffing knocked out of us on day one of the season! 

Hamilton can play as a striker but is supposed to be a natural winger I believe.

Based on nothing other than his squad number - we aren't paying him anything (The Canadian League are) and we don't hold much hope and are taking a total punt. 

Who picks number 39 ffs?

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Jakubiak, Mullen, Hamilton, Afolabi... how many fkn strikers do you need?

Reckless, irresponsible, etc...

Hamilton is a winger, I think. 

Get this Afolabi to f**k. The last Celtic youth striker we got stunk the place out for years after he left. I can't even bring myself to write his name. 

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

That squad should be finishing 2nd, comfortably... if you don't, it's more likely to be because of McPake than Hamilton...

Don't think you quite understand the power of Jack Hamilton tbh.

In other news, I just found out from Twitter that apparently our old nickname used to be the Sugar Bags. If that's not just someone pedaling shite, I'm now referring to us as that.

Mon the Sugar Bags!

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

In other news, I just found out from Twitter that apparently our old nickname used to be the Sugar Bags. If that's not just someone pedaling shite, I'm now referring to us as that.

Mon the Sugar Bags!

Need to re-sign Derek Lyle and find someone with the surname Tate....

21 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Need to re-sign Derek Lyle and find someone with the surname Tate....

Coincidentally, Derek Lyle used to have plenty of stuff lying around his house that looked like small bags of sugar. 

Allegedly. 

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Nicholas rocking a gold Rollie?  @Shadow Play

It certainly looks like a Rolex President bracelet.  The only thing possibly going against that is the central links of the bracelet look the same width as the outer links.  Very hard to tell from the photo.  Could it be an old school Breitling on the original Professional bracelet?  

With the amount of signings we’ve had over the recent years you would think the club photographer would know we are looking for a decent view of any new signing’s watch 🤣