All things Dundee FC

11 hours ago, Hayshead said:

If they don't answer the phone soon its only £220 at Gayfield.

You can see the same teams and save £160.

As great as that sounds, I would only get to see the mighty Dee twice a season.

Mind you every second weekend being an Arbroath away day does sound good :lol:

13 minutes ago, K.T said:

What about someone like Conor Sammon to play alongside Nelson?

I can't talk for anyone else but I articulated my thoughts about the prospect of Conor Sammon signing for us here:

16 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Imagine having your teams thread in the Championship forum.

Imagine making a post of only 9 words and still not managing to spell them all correctly. 

Are we realistically going to sell out the 800 tickets for Cove? I’ve not got a season ticket yet but I’d assume the Cove tickets will go to general sale. It’ll be good to tick off another ground in the SPFL.

Just Elgin, Annan, Ayr, Edinburgh City, Stranraer and Albion Rovers to go if I don’t get to Cove.

I can't talk for anyone else but I articulated my thoughts about the prospect of Conor Sammon signing for us here:

The thing is every time I’ve seen Sammon play live, he has impressed me. Hold up and link up play seems good to me. Fucking miles better than Moussa although that doesn’t really say much.

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

The thing is every time I’ve seen Sammon play live, he has impressed me. Hold up and link up play seems good to me. Fucking miles better than Moussa although that doesn’t really say much.

I’ve never really understood the hate Sammon gets. Your description of his style of play is bang on, and as well as being very effective as that kind of target man, he chipped in with a few important goals.

Bear in mind his body of work is in the Premiership, which is a step up from where he’d be playing if you signed him. When he was on loan with Thistle we played QotS away in the Scottish Cup and he ragdolled them all game. I’m sure he’d be pretty good at this level.

Don't think Sammon would be the worst signing we could make (Plenty of competition for that particular title over the last four or five windows!), but we definitely need to start making some signings, as we only a few weeks from first pre-season game and just over a month from first competitive game...

21 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I’ve never really understood the hate Sammon gets. Your description of his style of play is bang on, and as well as being very effective as that kind of target man, he chipped in with a few important goals.

Bear in mind his body of work is in the Premiership, which is a step up from where he’d be playing if you signed him. When he was on loan with Thistle we played QotS away in the Scottish Cup and he ragdolled them all game. I’m sure he’d be pretty good at this level.

Based on this one post I have completely changed my mind and reckon Sammon would be sensational for us. I've hardly seen him in recent times. My original opinion was based purely on Hearts fans hatred for him.

I reserve the right to change my mind back to thinking he's shite again if he ends up at the dabs. 

Based on this one post I have completely changed my mind and reckon Sammon would be sensational for us. I've hardly seen him in recent times. My original opinion was based purely on Hearts fans hatred for him.
I reserve the right to change my mind back to thinking he's shite again if he ends up at the dabs. 

You make a compelling argument. I concur.