All things Dundee FC

I believe he'll reply - "you don't have mates"

It was actually "you don't have 4 mates" but that's pretty close. Well done, you were clever enough to get it Dee Man, not surprisingly, wasn't.

I do believe the correct terminology etc. etc.

Do DC Thomson's still only favour protestants when looking to employ someone? The most sectarian institution in Dundee is DC's past. Ridiculous reporting when there's not even a problem at Dens.

Craig Montgomery is an Arab.

Known him and his father for years from when they drank in GJs.

His old man is an Arab as well and a cracking guy.

Don't get DCTs motive for this at all.

Best thing for the Dundee support is just to stop buying the papers.

They have given very little support to the team over the years so it may make them think twice about printing utter shite.

Do DC Thomson's still only favour protestants when looking to employ someone? The most sectarian institution in Dundee is DC's past. Ridiculous reporting when there's not even a problem at Dens.

The question 'What school did you go to?' has been replaced by 'Here's a map showing Dobbies Garden Centre, can you show where you live in relation to it?'

Edited by Granny Danger

So the local paper went into an Arab bar, got a few of them to badmouth Dundee FC, then presented this as the "public view"?

That's fucking wild, btw. :lol:

Aye, along with a photo of myself and mates next to allegations of sectarianism. I'm sure my employers will love that...

Aye, along with a photo of myself and mates next to allegations of sectarianism. I'm sure my employers will love that...

Yeah that's well out of order mate, get someone you know legally inclined to put the wind up them would be my course of action.

Arabs are absolutely seething because the Police have never been on their case about being too mental. Even with all their throwing of ticker tape, card displays and other look-at-us activities they will never better The Derry.

I lost it this morning in work when my boss (and uncle) came in reading that and brought it up to me. Felt the need to launch this email at them.

If they c***s think they can get away with making up shite allegations (and printing them, with quotes and photos of 4 Arabs) then they can get right to f**k. On the back of painting football fans in the city with the same brush as the wankers who masquerade as football fans to start fights as the Dundee Utility, I think it's fair game if not just Derry-boys but both sets of fans called them on this shite.

Seeing my photo in the Tele next to those allegations made me fuucking sick. I hope that DCTs chickens come home to roost. Shower of p***ks.

Well said, man.

I'm acquainted with some DCT journalists. Good c***s to a man, and the majority of them Dundee boys as much as you and I are. I can only imagine they would heartily disagree, and be pissed right off with, the kind of output the paper has produced here.

The Derry at Dens is one of the last bastions of old school Scottish football enclosures. It is loud. It is rumbustious. It has loads of c***s jumping about getting right into, and indeed creating, the atmosphere at the match.

Long may that continue. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Nae danger it's sectarian or in any way out of control, though. Yes, the odd banger will lose the plot and act daft. Yes, the odd banger will shout or do something no c**t else in the area likes or agrees with. Such is life as a supporter of any team.

I've spent more than enough time in the Derry to know it's heart is true. My parents have been season ticket holders there for years innumerable, and trust me when I say my old dear would be the first to abdicate to the Main Stand should shit get out of control in our beloved South Enclosure.

The Derry fuckin' rules.

This is as good a time as any to link you up to an article I wrote on the mighty Dees for The Long Ball website recently.

Shameless plug ahoy