All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Disagree on this occasion Johnny I'm afraid my man.

Kano I fear attempted to return to his "happy place" during his own personal dark period, however the formations and football we played and adopted were down 110% to James McPake making it was impossible for him to replicate his previous form displayed during his previous tenure at Dens Park.

Merely my opinion. 

Nah, you could see he lost interest. His enjoyment had clearly left and his head was elsewhere, that clearly had an effect on his game, it looked (understandably) half arsed. I don't blame him or McPake for his poor form, it was just a result of mental illness. I am glad Kano has seemed to recover from his illness.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Nah, you could see he lost interest. His enjoyment had clearly left and his head was elsewhere, that clearly had an effect on his game, it looked (understandably) half arsed. I don't blame him or McPake for his poor form, it was just a result of mental illness. I am glad Kano has seemed to recover from his illness.

With all due respect all I can add is the culture and playing conditions at any club need to be conducive to producing good performances. 

Unfortunately this was certainly not the case during James McPake's first season in charge and indeed for most of last season after Kano had already departed.

After Kane Hemming's bravely speaking out recently regarding his well-being we all truly wish him well for his future. However I personally would welcome him back for a third spell at Dens Park whereby he would be in a better position  to replicate his previous 2015/16 form, especially with the good service and assist experts we now seem to have at our disposal.

In the meantime we wish him the best, always.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Absolutely, you could see it on the pitch at the time, and far more so now. Remember something just felt a wee bit off, and when he posted about it it brought everything together in my head. Was a wee bit bitter to start when he left, but delighted it worked out now.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

That and the utterly shite service he received. He essentially had to create his own chances.

FWIW, without Gowser it would've been way worse imo, hence why he definitely deserved Player of the Year. Glad it's worked out for all parties in the end, and maybe one day we can give Kano a proper send off.

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The winter break is indeed a thing, though there will be a Scottish Cup game to also fill in the fixtures... not that they're ever important to us.

Ah, right on. 

Is it also a regular thing for a couple St. Johnstone and St. Mirren fans to come on here every few months and troll? 

2 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Ah, right on. 

Is it also a regular thing for a couple St. Johnstone and St. Mirren fans to come on here every few months and troll? 

St Mirren? Not to my recollection, that one guy was painful however. St Johnstone? Absolutely. You'd think winning both cups would make them feel more secure, wouldn't you? Wee team mentality I guess.

You know how if you can play for your grandparents country or either parents country if they are different, does it work the same for siblings? Like one child was Born in France and another in Germany could the in born in France play for the one in Germany through a sibling?

Edited by D TOTAL
Don’t even know if this makes sense what I’m trying to ask

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

You know how if you can play for your grandparents country or either parents country if they are different, does it work the same for siblings? Like one child was Born in France and another in Germany could the in born in France play for the one in Germany through a sibling?

Don't think any Dundee players are going to be picked for France or Germany any time soon

4 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

No. 

2 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Don't think any Dundee players are going to be picked for France or Germany any time soon

Sometimes it's mind boggling why Dundee players get picked to play for Dundee, tbh! 

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Are you not getting in, unless you're vaccinated?

Thank you.

No it was a joke, but with the way things are going it would be a miracle if we got to attend the first few fixtures.

Numbers are going mad.

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

No it was a joke, but with the way things are going it would be a miracle if we got to attend the first few fixtures.

Numbers are going mad.

I guess the positive thing is the hospital numbers have not increased by very much despite the higher ratio in positive results. This was always going to be the case. It shows the vaccine is working.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I guess the positive thing is the hospital numbers have not increased by very much despite the higher ratio in positive results. This was always going to be the case. It shows the vaccine is working.

I agree completely. As long as the hospital admissions remain low then we should continue to crack on with it.

I'm giving a ST a miss this year and will go to whatever games I can. Fair play to everyone that has bought them so far and can afford to do so, it's just too much cash for me on a maybe.

Hopefully next year will be completely back to normal where we can all be shoulder to shoulder shouting at the next boo boy.

9 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Pretty sure something similar has happened. I think one brother played for Germany and the other for Ghana or Nigeria - I think it was the Boateng brothers.

Not sure if serious [emoji848]
Pretty sure something similar has happened. I think one brother played for Germany and the other for Ghana or Nigeria - I think it was the Boateng brothers.
Yeah the Boateng brothers. Both born in Germany to a German mother and Ghanian father so that's why they were eligible for both.

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

Numbers are going mad.

I’m hoping to be at Dens ASAP. 

8 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

No. 

Sometimes it's mind boggling why Dundee players get picked to play for Dundee, tbh! 

We can all dream though, on a football manager many versions ago (possibly even champ man) I signed Sean Dundee for Dundee and he got called up by Germany. I was fucking raging as I had a big f**k off international cap clause to pay if he did but thankfully he didnt play. Punted him in next transfer window incase he did. Ive started to realise this isn’t remotely interesting or really relevant tbh but I have typed it out now so Im not going back to delete it.

Edited by gannonball