All things Dundee FC

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think signing Callachan would be pointless if we plan on doing one of the following:

1. Putting Max Anderson out on loan to a Championship club to get guaranteed first team games.

2. We decide that Jordan McGhee is more needed at CH.

Either of those two conditions happen and we need that type of player - desperately! Since we can't function without it.

I must admit from what I've seen of young Max, he'll be ready for the top league in certain games, especially when the lower half is in opposition.

Not much difference tbh from what he experienced last season and with all due respect Sir Charles of Adam won't last for ever on the playing side and there is so much to be learnt from him.

Young Finlay however requires a season on loan, ideally imho at Arbroath to establish where he's at, then return all the stronger for the experience.

PS, when is Greg Stewart being announced, he is 31 after all, clock ticking and all that.

Happy days.

Fin gets games, Fin controls games. It's a sin he never played more last year. Max is OK, works and runs. He - to me - has nowhere near the desired control and composure for the top league. I might be wrong though, Mark O Hara still stinks this place out. 

Hopefully every signing we make is reported as between us and the dabs for their signature. 

If you're a potential signing looking in and you're sizing up both clubs right now, there is not a chance you're choosing them. Unless you are completely off your nut. 

• Mr Gandosaur changed the title to The Jazza Juggernaut (The Dundee FC Thread)
12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Also, the Goal of the Season goes to Gowser against Ayr, and rightly so.

Beautiful, just a shame it was filmed by a fuking Nokia 

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Fin gets games, Fin controls games. It's a sin he never played more last year. Max is OK, works and runs. He - to me - has nowhere near the desired control and composure for the top league. I might be wrong though, Mark O Hara still stinks this place out. 

Fin’s problem is he’s too similar to the likes of Adam and Byrne. I think he will be a very good direct replacement for Adam though as I would imagine he’ll likely retire after this season. For that reason I’d probably put him out on loan this season just so he can get a full season of playing under his belt.

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Fin’s problem is he’s too similar to the likes of Adam and Byrne. I think he will be a very good direct replacement for Adam though as I would imagine he’ll likely retire after this season. For that reason I’d probably put him out on loan this season just so he can get a full season of playing under his belt.

I think he’s more suited to the role Byrne plays. It’s a difficult decision to make with Fin. Will it be more beneficial for him to be in the 1st team squad next season getting 20 minutes here and there against Premier League opposition or play at Championship level and play week in week out. If Byrne was to get injured or suspended i’d have no worries about starting him. He doesn’t tho have the passing range of Charlie or the same mentality of immediately to play the ball forward. 

Max I’d definitely keep around the squad next season. He’s been a great addition to the 1st team squad this season. 

16 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I think he’s more suited to the role Byrne plays. It’s a difficult decision to make with Fin. Will it be more beneficial for him to be in the 1st team squad next season getting 20 minutes here and there against Premier League opposition or play at Championship level and play week in week out. If Byrne was to get injured or suspended i’d have no worries about starting him. He doesn’t tho have the passing range of Charlie or the same mentality of immediately to play the ball forward. 

Max I’d definitely keep around the squad next season. He’s been a great addition to the 1st team squad this season. 

He’d easily get a Championship club on loan. Someone like Dunfermline or Raith would surely take him.

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yeah unsure how I feel about Fin so far. Think a season elsewhere of being say Arbroath best player would do him good. 

Max I feel did more than okay. Actually ventured forward and got a few goals also which is good to get some goals when many around him don't. Just think there is more to come from Anderson. Works and runs worked for McGowan for years . Again he may not cut the top league but personally I don't think many of our team do right now, unfortunately.  

I've been really impressed with Anderson and he could become a key player for us in the top flight. Do think he will have limited game time this season and to develop quicker he would be better loaned out - my preference would be Raith, think he would fit in perfectly with their style of play

1 hour ago, Big Gus said:

That's Legzdins signed up for a couple of seasons. Happy with that. He was key to our turnaround in form.

Definitely. Really solid and confident keeper.