All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

I see Ross Callachan has exercised an option to terminate his Hamilton contract early.

Scored 10 goals last season, will doubtless be in demand for a few clubs, ourselves included. 

If we sign him I'm biylin. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If we sign him I'm biylin. 

I do like Callachan a fair bit, but considering where our strengths lie, I think it would be very pointless to target yet another box-to-box MF.

Do you have anyone you'd like to see us having a go at bringing in?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

37 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Are you suggesting a Dundee Chairman would have ulterior motives and using our club for a money laundering escapade or a tax dodge?

imgID139441333.jpg.gallery.jpg.2bfc9a917c7f0ccf3887725bfca9e01c.jpg

haha.  So, I'm guessing this guy used to own Dundee and was doing all that? Is he in jail now?

13 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

haha.  So, I'm guessing this guy used to own Dundee and was doing all that? Is he in jail now?

Google Giovanni Di Stefano mate, his life reads like the most unbelievable trash novel (Saddam's lawyer and 'friends' with Milosevic and Arkan to pick out just a few).

Luckily wasn't in total charge here but played a part in us going into Administration

Eta - here's a Wiki link for a taster https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Di_Stefano_(fraudster)

Edited by locheedee
typos

I do like Callachan a fair bit, but considering where our strengths lie, I think it would be very pointless to target yet another box-to-box MF.
Do you have anyone you'd like to see us having a go at bringing in?

Exactly. No Sainties at Dens.

McCowan is exactly the profile of the players we should be signing, having said that he’ll probably be shite!

Bit of a random one away from DFC but any idea what pubs in Dundee are showing Scotland games for the Euros and if they’re already taking bookings or are already booked up. Not really given it much thought until now.

I don't think signing Callachan would be pointless if we plan on doing one of the following:

1. Putting Max Anderson out on loan to a Championship club to get guaranteed first team games.

2. We decide that Jordan McGhee is more needed at CH.

Either of those two conditions happen and we need that type of player - desperately! Since we can't function without it.