All things Dundee FC

11 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Enjoyed catching up tonight reading all the P&B threads regarding our Dark Blues this week.

Scheduled for a break this week Mon to Fri in our glorious Highlands, however after establishing there was no internet etc at our destination, we set off on Tuesday morning instead.

Life is all about choices, the correct one on this occasion.

Dark Blue regards and welcome back @Dee Man.

imageproxy.gif.63e735e16bbf6399460bd90deac3441b.gif   

Thank you Sir. 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

There is no doubt he was struggling and didn't merit his place in the starting line-up for a while but the impact of Covid can't be ignored, along with his personal loss - these weren't so much excuses as reasons for his loss of form IMO.  It will be interesting to see how he gets on at the higher level.

He'll be absolutely fine in the top league.

You can't take away what he has on the ball and purely based on his technical ability he's one of the best in Scotland.

Alot has been made about his pace, but he was bombing up the pitch at Killie away (nearly getting on the end of a McGhee cross well into the second half where McGowan headed wide).

Midweek games etc maybe he'll need rested but playing one match a week there's no reason i can't see him having a great season. At places like Ibrox and Celtic Park he'll actually get more time and space on the ball.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Well I hope Cammy and Adam sign. They have both had a great end to the season. 
thanks to Osman Sow for his goals and good luck to him. His short career at Dens produced more goals than I expected when he was announced.  Good interim stop gap! 

Worried that McPake isn't being ruthless enough. Cammy and Fontaine did have good ends to the season to be fair to them.

A starting CH has to be a priority though and hopefully Legzdins signs on.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Worried that McPake isn't being ruthless enough. Cammy and Fontaine did have good ends to the season to be fair to them.

A starting CH has to be a priority though and hopefully Legzdins signs on.

I think they have done enough to deserve to be kept on but time will tell if he offers the likes of Hamilton and McDaid a contract too...

Like you though I think we do need to be strengthening and a good CH has to be a priority as well as a decent backup keeper

Legshins

? - Ashcroft - ? - ?

Byrne - Adam - McGhee

McMullan - Cummings - ?

Ashcroft probably wouldn't start in an ideal world but I'm not sure he's lost a header this season in either box.  Fast ball playing defender beside him and we're golden.  

Also f**k knows how to spell Legshins second name so that's his new name.

6 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Legshins

? - Ashcroft - ? - ?

Byrne - Adam - McGhee

McMullan - Cummings - ?

Ashcroft probably wouldn't start in an ideal world but I'm not sure he's lost a header this season in either box.  Fast ball playing defender beside him and we're golden.  

Also f**k knows how to spell Legshins second name so that's his new name.

By giving Cammy and Elliott new deals, we have 2 RB's so I can't see us being in a market for a 3rd.

1 minute ago, The Derry said:

Is Elliot signed up?

Yeah. As is McDaid.

Of the first team and the ones not mentioned already to have been offered a new deal, only the 2 other keepers are out of contract.

Regardless of them both being signed up there's no place in football to stand still, we need to improve on the players in these positions and as tough as it is when they've done us a turn this year they have to know they can't play every week.  

Cammy is probably in a better position that Elliot as he's comfortable at left back and 1v1 is a better defender imo.

I may have cringed most of the times he was brought on, and especially started, but big Os gave me joy that I never expected him to. That late goal vs Raith and his control of the game when he came on vs Killie in the 2nd leg were great, and of course there was the mental scoring streak.

Farewell big man, and thank you for proving everyone wrong.

20029473-e1609024242137-1.thumb.jpg.e4f70c0bd055257418cc610c0d96116b.jpg

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We are apparently after Ayr United's Luke McCowan.

He will be a good addition , has loads of potential, can be a bit moody when things are going against him , but that could be coached out of him , think he deserves a shot in the Premiership , can certainly turn games with his pace and skill , likes to gets shots away 

Edited by Finlay21

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah. As is McDaid.

Of the first team and the ones not mentioned already to have been offered a new deal, only the 2 other keepers are out of contract.

Didn't realise McDaid was signed up. Thought he'd have been offski after we tried to punt him to Partick last season