All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm pretty sure the two who have reacted so far are not a part of that.

I’m not sure who was, I just seem to remember him being fairly heavily criticised. I have no idea who from.

29 minutes ago, The Derry said:

He'll be a cheap back up option, so can't complain.  Doubt he'll start many games.

That’s what I  think as well plus he gives us the option of playing a back 3 with him on the left when we needs must. 

Hold on a second here.
Morton's spectacular 03/04 collapse consisted of a 15 point swing to Airdrie over 13 games to the point they overtook us, and 23 points over 20 games to the end of the season. It was an unprecedented piece of bottle crashing.
Falkirk managed a 16 point swing to Partick in just 8 games.
He did say since.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m sure boys were hounding him in here a few weeks ago

It was a few months ago I called him dugmeat, when he was contributing to an awful standard of football within the starting eleven.

I'm sure you said we're a better team without Adam in it? Not meaning this in an argumentative way, just pointing out that through the course of a season (of which over 50% was horrendous) things will be said. 

McPake corrected the mistakes that were clearly going to cost us promotion. Forster stopped playing after another howler at Arbroath where Cammy Kerr played in Central midfield. Jack Hamilton was replaced and this brought on our backline so much (the fans had been saying this for over two years).

We began to play with natural width and Cummings bagged us goals. People had alot to moan about at one point but if you look through the last few months people were progressively seeing improvement.

We had an absolutely brilliant end to the season and the play off performances were vintage, inspired by the Fintry Pirlo.

There was little chunks of luck along the way such as McDaid staying after going on loan to Partick and the Raith offside goal. I think we more than deserve that as Dundee fans however.

Everyone is currently fully behind McPake i'm sure and wishing him all the best in the top flight; with a few additions we can have a decent season. Look forward to purchasing my season ticket and joining all at Dens for the first game of the new season.

Thank You.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

It was a few months ago I called him dugmeat, when he was contributing to an awful standard of football within the starting eleven.
I'm sure you said we're a better team without Adam in it? Not meaning this in an argumentative way, just pointing out that through the course of a season (of which over 50% was horrendous) things will be said. 
McPake corrected the mistakes that were clearly going to cost us promotion. Forster stopped playing after another howler at Arbroath where Cammy Kerr played in Central midfield. Jack Hamilton was replaced and this brought on our backline so much (the fans had been saying this for over two years).
We began to play with natural width and Cummings bagged us goals. People had alot to moan about at one point but if you look through the last few months people were progressively seeing improvement.
We had an absolutely brilliant end to the season and the play off performances were vintage, inspired by the Fintry Pirlo.
There was little chunks of luck along the way such as McDaid staying after going on loan to Partick and the Raith offside goal. I think we more than deserve that as Dundee fans however.
Everyone is currently fully behind McPake i'm sure and wishing him all the best in the top flight; with a few additions we can have a decent season. Look forward to purchasing my season ticket and joining all at Dens for the first game of the new season.
Thank You.
Raith's goal was offside.

Decent article with Nelms thanking the fans and staff +  explaining where we are financially. Seems like its part of a series as it finishes saying still to come - info about the stadium, celebrating with Tim Keyes and sticking with McPake.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/exclusive-dundee-chief-john-nelms-hails-immense-fans-and-bravery-of-dens-players-and-staff-for-getting-dark-blues-through-financial-mire-of-the-pandemic/

Enjoyed catching up tonight reading all the P&B threads regarding our Dark Blues this week.

Scheduled for a break this week Mon to Fri in our glorious Highlands, however after establishing there was no internet etc at our destination, we set off on Tuesday morning instead.

Life is all about choices, the correct one on this occasion.

Dark Blue regards and welcome back @Dee Man.

imageproxy.gif.63e735e16bbf6399460bd90deac3441b.gif   

54 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Decent article with Nelms thanking the fans and staff +  explaining where we are financially. Seems like its part of a series as it finishes saying still to come - info about the stadium, celebrating with Tim Keyes and sticking with McPake.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/exclusive-dundee-chief-john-nelms-hails-immense-fans-and-bravery-of-dens-players-and-staff-for-getting-dark-blues-through-financial-mire-of-the-pandemic/

A good read that. 

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

What you pointing out?

That there's a 2001/02 database on FM, and it has Barry Smith, and Speroni, at Dundee.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank You.

Fair enough. I did say at one point we were a better team without Adam and I still stand by the stance that at that point we were - and McPake did end up dropping him for a while. It’s come out since obviously that he was still suffering from COVID at the time but for a good few weeks he wasn’t playing well. He also had some personal issues he was dealing with at the time, so it’s understandable. Glad he recovered though and got back to his start of season form as without that we wouldn’t have been promoted. I do like Fontaine although he’s getting on a bit, hopefully Fisher is capable of stepping up as I’m not sure Fontaine will play every week.

Thank You.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

I do like Fontaine although he’s getting on a bit, hopefully Fisher is capable of stepping up as I’m not sure Fontaine will play every week.

Still fully expecting us to sign another CB as well, for example Euan Murray considering we've already been linked with him.

7 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Fair enough. I did say at one point we were a better team without Adam and I still stand by the stance that at that point we were - and McPake did end up dropping him for a while. It’s come out since obviously that he was still suffering from COVID at the time but for a good few weeks he wasn’t playing well. He also had some personal issues he was dealing with at the time, so it’s understandable.

There is no doubt he was struggling and didn't merit his place in the starting line-up for a while but the impact of Covid can't be ignored, along with his personal loss - these weren't so much excuses as reasons for his loss of form IMO.  It will be interesting to see how he gets on at the higher level.