All things Dundee FC

Anyone catch Tommy Wright's interview live? Dunno if it was an off the cuff remark or whatever, but the Record have published this at the end:

'Wright was also asked about the club's prospects of retaining the services of strike star Lafferty.

He said: "Might sign for Dundee, I don't know. I don't think he will be with us. It will be up to Kyle. I would like him here. We will have to wait and see.'

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Anyone catch Tommy Wright's interview live? Dunno if it was an off the cuff remark or whatever, but the Record have published this at the end:

'Wright was also asked about the club's prospects of retaining the services of strike star Lafferty.

He said: "Might sign for Dundee, I don't know. I don't think he will be with us. It will be up to Kyle. I would like him here. We will have to wait and see.'

Would we want Lafferty next season, with GGS, Sparky, Cummings, Jakubiak and Mullen ahead of him in the queue??:whistle

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I dunno. He can clearly still score regularly. He's just a bit of a dick.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah he said that but I dont think he was seriously saying we'd approached Lafferty. I think it was more of an I dont know where he'll be, he could sign for *insert any team* and we were fresh in his mind

Genuinely don't think we would've made it through the play offs without Charlie Adam.

The impact he had in every play off game was immense right down to the composure he had in the second half last night which may go unnoticed. Was always screaming instructions to players and showing for balls off the fullbacks that may otherwise be punted up the field. 

Possibly a reason for Kerrs sudden upturn has been Charlie just telling him to calm the f**k down and look for the pass inside.

Absolute legend and can't wait to see Adam in the dark blue next season in one of his final seasons. How does a cup run sound before retirement?

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Would take Lafferty in a heartbeat. 

Edit : especially if Mulgrew goes back to United. That's the needle these ties require. 

If McPake offers Sow a new contract, we'll have four strikers on the books already.

Can see us sticking with what we have in the striking department and hoping Jakubiak can push Mullen and Cummings who would be our main two,

Thank you.

49 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Genuinely don't think we would've made it through the play offs without Charlie Adam.

The impact he had in every play off game was immense right down to the composure he had in the second half last night which may go unnoticed. Was always screaming instructions to players and showing for balls off the fullbacks that may otherwise be punted up the field. 

Possibly a reason for Kerrs sudden upturn has been Charlie just telling him to calm the f**k down and look for the pass inside.

Absolute legend and can't wait to see Adam in the dark blue next season in one of his final seasons. How does a cup run sound before retirement?

Thank you.

Spot on. Well done The Dee!! awra best!!

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah I heard it. The question was about who they’ll try to keep hold off from their out of contract players and he was asked directly about Lafferty. Not sure if he mentioned us because we’re the Premiership side or if there was something in it. Not sure I’d want him going by the last 2 performances tbh.