All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Well I'm always vocal when things are poor, so I will say tonight that I'm so proud of the players on that pitch tonight.i

Every single one of them were brilliant and Mullen played superb upfront- fair play.

The boys really deserved the 2 goal lead but avoid defeat and we're up on Monday.

Loved the stray shout of 'Shut your Pus' randomly from the crowd in the second half aswell.

Come on Dundee let's finish the job on Monday. 100% from everyone tonight, absolutely brilliant.

Thank you.

I may have been guilty of the 'shut your puss' rant as I directed this at fat Tommy a couple of times. Best laugh for me was when some boys broke into 'can you hear the Killie sing'

Edited by ScottyDee1893

Still buzzing from watching the Dee tonight. 
Yes, we should have won by more, but great performances individually and collectively throughout. 

I thought Danny Mullen was indefatigable in his desire to harry, cajole and force errors from the static and panicked Killie defence. 
I’d single out Christie Elliot for his best game in Dee colours after an insipid performance on Saturday. On the telly that gash in his leg looked bad for his being able to play on Monday. 
Fontaine and Ashcroft mopped all that was thrown at them keeping Lafferty very quiet  

Adam Legzdns was very good again, so unlucky for the ball to go between his legs for that goal,   Killie had big luck on that one from the roll of the ball off two defenders  as well.

Cammy was top class on the left again. His off the ground first time weighted volley cut back from King Charlie’s pass was a thing of outstanding beauty. Brilliant  

Byrne was hard, skilled, motivated and again top quality. I really like his performances in Dark Blue.

jordan McGhee as a box to box midfielder is immense. Physical yet skilled, quicker than he looks, and a man who puts his body on the line to score, well done James McPake for finding and picking him for his best position.

Charlie Adam is a delight to watch. His left foot, his vision, his passion as a Dee, and he scored  I was really pleased for him. thanks for playing for us Charlie,

Paul McMullen should have scored but he worried, hassled and also tracked back as well as a super assist. He must be murder to play against.

Gowser gave us all, but was quite quiet. Charlie’s telling him to be quiet on Saturday had been taken to heart! 

I enjoyed that display. Thanks and go and finish the job on Monday  

(Well done for reading all the way!)  

I have to admit I feared humiliation but for the lads to produce probably their best performance of the season in the biggest game says something about the character of the individuals and the team spirit. When making subbies on Monday it’s replace high energy and speed with like for like. EG Anderson and Afolabi instead of Sow and McDaid.

The tears will be hinging off my pus if Adam takes his boyhood team up after the year he's had personally.

His class directly led to our two goals yesterday and he just needs one more display at Killie for the fairytale.

Come on Dundee.

Thank you.

If Cummings doesnt start, I presume he will be a last 20 mins sub (please, not Sow ffs).

The last few games our work rate as a unit, getting back to defend as a team has been tremendous.  I cant see Kili suddenly turning on samba football. Lock Lafferty down and their isnt much left.

abbi jacobson lets do it GIF by Broad City

27 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

If Cummings doesnt start, I presume he will be a last 20 mins sub (please, not Sow ffs).

The last few games our work rate as a unit, getting back to defend as a team has been tremendous.  I cant see Kili suddenly turning on samba football. Lock Lafferty down and their isnt much left.

abbi jacobson lets do it GIF by Broad City

Don't think there's much chance of Cummings starting and don't think many could complain - Mullen played his role very well last night. Cummings is the better goal scorer but i don't even think we'll see him off the bench unless we require a goal.

The team has to be rewarded with the same 11 starting. 

The likes of Byrne and Christie kept their best performances of the season for last night - hit the same again and we have nothing to fear.

This is simply a one off game with the benefit us being able to draw., we have to be confident whilst remembering it's Dundee we're on about.

I'm just glad to have a bit of a excitement about Dundee back cause for large parts of the season i was sick of it. Either way i'm buzzing for August to be back.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Dundee were excellent yesterday, just really unlucky to be honest that its only a one goal lead.

Makes me feel a bit worse about our play off defeat now, as genuinely feel Killie are worse than any of the Championship top 4.

Hope not but I think Dundee  Might have missed a massive chance last night to kill that game, one more team  performance like last night and you’ll get there it was  excellent right across the park. They done there home work stopping Killie two wide men getting crosses in For Lafferty, the pro pundits very disrespectful of the job the team done (, Killie won’t play as bad again quotes ) Dundee didn’t allow them to play that’s why they were better one more performance from the players who will be very confident after last night.

What I would say to those commentators is what evidence do they have it will be any different? Killie's vocal home support? 😅

We've lost one game in 10 I think now and it was a weird dead rubber.  We have scored in all bar two of those games - the above dead rubber and that cagey 0-0 with Dunfermline.

We'll go there, they will have to come at us, we'll score on the break and Killie will have to score three without conceding again. They won't manage imo. The team I saw last night looked no where near beating us 3-1.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Dundee were excellent yesterday, just really unlucky to be honest that its only a one goal lead.

Makes me feel a bit worse about our play off defeat now, as genuinely feel Killie are worse than any of the Championship top 4.

Agree, I'd have backed Raith over the Rugby Park rabble.

I felt a bit emotional when Charlie scored last night, you can just tell it means the same to him as it does to all of us. I love the man. 

As has been said a million times you can't help but feel a bit like we've missed an opportunity to take a Raith like advantage into Monday's game but you don't want to be too critical. We were excellent all over the park, I posted last night saying Mcpake was having a fucking laugh by playing Mullen ahead of Cummings but it turns out the clown was me. Some boy Jazza.

Just occurred to me that last night must be a new record low attendance? Anyone able to confirm?

That was immense from the whole team last night. Elliot had the best game I've seen from him. Byrne was solid and ran the midfield. McGhee once again terrific. Special shout out to Ashcroft's left wing run.

I'm still a little worried compared to some on here but if we can start like we started last night that will put my nerves at ease.

For a season we all had written off about 6 months ago it's pretty exciting for it all to come down to Monday. It's basically a cup final - and we have a one goal head start.

Mon the fucking Dee.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

I really, really hope McPake doesn't try to sit in and defend the lead at Rugby Park. It's a recipe for disaster. They are utterly fucking shite at the back and we should absolutely fancy scoring there. 

Not a chance surely, this will be seen as a must-win even if it technically isn't. Expecting that similar intensity on Monday, and at least one goal from us.