All things Dundee FC

14 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I was starting to think this myself.

Then I remembered it's John Nelms in charge and nothing will change.

We'll get nowhere near Robinson. He's delusional in his aims, IMO. 

14 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

100% that's what will happen 

£25 charity bet says Charlie Adam is not the next permanent Dundee manager. 

Another weekend ruined and another £12.50 down the drain. The time for us to make our feelings known to to the board is now, we can’t continue any longer with this and enough is enough. I’m not paying for any more PPV until McPake has been fired into the sun, not sure of any other way to get the point across. Sick of being embarrassed by the ludicrous decisions being made at Dens. That squad we have is more than capable of going up but never in a million years will that happen with the current set up. If McPake cares about the club as claimed he will step aside before this shit show gets any worse (if possible). 

Thank you 

15 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Certainly not how I remember it - parted by mutual agreement but everyone thought it was a sacking due to the pressure from the fans.

Jim Duffy described it as a sacking:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/archives/football/91758/dundee-expect-success-their-gaffers-should-expect-the-axe/

You may be getting mixed up when Brown offered to resign after getting angry at a touchline ban - he was persuaded to stay on by Gardiner then.

When Brown did mutually agree to go the Yanks were in and Nelms was a director - they were clearly pulling all the strings at that point - Gardiner himself was gone by June that year.

It was definitely a resignation. The official statement said, 'The club agreed with John's expressed view that after recent results this is the best way forward'. Gardiner then said during Paul Hartley's announcement, ' Gardiner insisted last night that Brown had resigned and had not been sacked. “It was 100 per cent John’s decision to leave Dundee,” he said.'

There was a further article that Gardiner stated he tried again to convince Bomber to 'see it through' but he didn't believe he could do it and sent Paul Hartley a text wishing him luck.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-scotsman/20140206/284451391670262

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26020477

Just out of curiosity, is Gowser still living in that absolute midden of a Cooncil estate in Airdrie? 

No offence meant to anyone in social housing, but come on tae f**k. Surely a comparatively well paid professional footballer would at the very least buy somewhere of their own as an investment and free up the housing stock for a more needy person.

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Have Dundee posted any match highlights yet or after match player manager interviews would be interested to see them... 

We do, but we lock them behind paywalls, unfortunately!

Best I can do is give you a rough transcript of what he said:

'I'm angry, frustrated, probably like every Dundee fan right now but we lost that game in the first half. It's as poor a 45 minutes as I've been in charge. Really worrying. It takes to the half time break to get even a bit of a reaction. Disappointed, really poor. I'm not bothered about the improvement in the second half, because it shouldn't take that. Look, you can lose goals early in games, you can take blows, but it looked like that blow hit them and they couldn't get going. The basics, we couldn't get the basics right. It wasn't a case of not trying or not putting in the effort, they just couldn't do the basics of football.'

He's then asked can we take positives from Cummings scoring and getting minutes:

'It's too raw. I'm hurting. I'm not looking for positives at the minute. I thought Jason overall was decent but you can see he needs games. He's about the only one I can pick (as having a decent game).'

He's then asked about the disallowed goal:

'Yes, it was a goal, but I'll not use that to take any pressure off me or the players. Normally, you find you get what you deserve. I watched it back, it's a goal (he then breaks the goal down). But you've got to realise, the referee has to make that call in real time. Just like the penalty, is it a penalty? Well, we've gave the ref a decision to make and that comes from our sloppiness. Really, really poor and as poor as we've been. I won't use rustiness as an excuse for us. Just like if we'd have won, people would come out and say QoS were tired having played ICT midweek, they weren't tired, they looked like they wanted to win.'

Asked about how we react:

'It's a test of character. That's one thing it certainly is. Can they come out the traps? Can they handle playing for this team? I've got to take a lot of this as well. I pick the team. I put the players on the pitch. We need to be better as a group. At the end of the game, we looked more dangerous and created chance after chance but that's another negative because you've got to be ruthless at this level. Tuesday night, we need to put it right. Can we stand up? Can we battle? Today we couldn't.'

Finally, he's asked how are the players feeling:

'They should be feeling that they need to make amends. As a group, we need to make amends and that starts tomorrow morning.'

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We do, but we lock them behind paywalls, unfortunately!

Best I can do is give you a rough transcript of what he said:

'I'm angry, frustrated, probably like every Dundee fan right now but we lost that game in the first half. It's as poor a 45 minutes as I've been in charge. Really worrying. It takes to the half time break to get even a bit of a reaction. Disappointed, really poor. I'm not bothered about the improvement in the second half, because it shouldn't take that. Look, you can lose goals early in games, you can take blows, but it looked like that blow hit them and they couldn't get going. The basics, we couldn't get the basics right. It wasn't a case of not trying or not putting in the effort, they just couldn't do the basics of football.'

He's then asked can we take positives from Cummings scoring and getting minutes:

'It's too raw. I'm hurting. I'm not looking for positives at the minute. I thought Jason overall was decent but you can see he needs games. He's about the only one I can pick (as having a decent game).'

He's then asked about the disallowed goal:

'Yes, it was a goal, but I'll not use that to take any pressure off me or the players. Normally, you find you get what you deserve. I watched it back, it's a goal (he then breaks the goal down). But you've got to realise, the referee has to make that call in real time. Just like the penalty, is it a penalty? Well, we've gave the ref a decision to make and that comes from our sloppiness. Really, really poor and as poor as we've been. I won't use rustiness as an excuse for us. Just like if we'd have won, people would come out and say QoS were tired having played ICT midweek, they weren't tired, they looked like they wanted to win.'

Asked about how we react:

'It's a test of character. That's one thing it certainly is. Can they come out the traps? Can they handle playing for this team? I've got to take a lot of this as well. I pick the team. I put the players on the pitch. We need to be better as a group. At the end of the game, we looked more dangerous and created chance after chance but that's another negative because you've got to be ruthless at this level. Tuesday night, we need to put it right. Can we stand up? Can we battle? Today we couldn't.'

Finally, he's asked how are the players feeling:

'They should be feeling that they need to make amends. As a group, we need to make amends and that starts tomorrow morning.'

Lol. The meltdown in Dundee is too good

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m beyond starting.

He took a risk taking the step up, it hasn’t worked out, time for consequences.

In other news I thought McMullen was half decent.

Yeah I’ve liked McMullen so far. 2 great crosses for his 2 assists in the 2 games plus another 1 against both Raith and Queens should’ve been put away. 

A definite plus for us. So much for him not being able to cross a ball. 

The dabs, football’s least knowledgeable fans. 

Once went to 135 Dundee games on the trot, home and away. Now totally scunnered and, after 54 years, although I've got a season ticket that gives me DeeTV access, am going to give the match at Dens a miss tomorrow night. That's where I'm at.

Very good report in the Mail today about where our club is at and is the exact type of match summary and comments about the club’s current situation that should be published in the local press. 

I really can’t get my head around there not being an announcement today that McPake has been relieved of his manager’s duties. Is the board too distracted by other things like the new stadium to neglect the biggest problem at the club? I honestly can’t think of anything else. 

Edited by Yenitit