All things Dundee FC

Much better than what we have. Type of keeper that spends his days glued to his line which puts me off though.

Tbf if he can clear a ball without bouncing it off an incoming striker, or falling over it he's an improvement.

A whole lot of 'Please avoid' in St Mirren's release list.

Stephen McGinn, Danny Mullen, Gary MacKenzie, Ross Wallace, Tony Andreu and Cody Cooke. Oan Djorkaeff and Vaclav Hladky also leaving.

Mullen I'd have. He'd be a much better foil for Hemmings than the mooted Murray and we were obviously a fraction away from getting him over the line in January. I'd take on McGinn if he's not absolutely finished, but I suspect he is and would rather we didn't chance it. Not much point speaking about Hladky, he'd be a wonderful signing, but he'd have signed on at St Mirren before dropping to the Championship with us.

The rest give me the fear as they scream 'Dundee' as their next destination. Cody Cooke battered us in the season we went down, but is pretty awful in general.

Edited by Ludo*1

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

8 goals in 30 appearances for Lawless at Livi. Surprised they let him go. You heard anything Dele or just a hope?

He turned us down, he wont drop a league. He'll be off to someone that can pay far beyond what we can, and what Dundee can. He'll end up at Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/Hearts/Hibs

I'd have Mullen too, was really disappointed we didn't get that over the line in January. Not seeing he's incredible, but felt he could've added something we didn't have.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He turned us down, he wont drop a league. He'll be off to someone that can pay far beyond what we can, and what Dundee can. He'll end up at Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/Hearts/Hibs

Cheers mate, thanks for the info. Would be impossible of course, ask Shaun Byrne.

image.png.b06ff7f0ae39a3aaeedbd9a49a7a97f8.png

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd have Mullen too, was really disappointed we didn't get that over the line in January. Not seeing he's incredible, but felt he could've added something we didn't have.

Cheers mate, thanks for the info. Would be impossible of course, ask Shaun Byrne.

image.png.b06ff7f0ae39a3aaeedbd9a49a7a97f8.png

Honestly think Byrne knew the writing was on the wall when we agreed to sign Bartley. He was only a rotation based player for us - improved contract would've been a wage jump from his original Championship contract with us. As far as I know you paid a fee for him too.

How's he been this year for you?

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Honestly think Byrne knew the writing was on the wall when we agreed to sign Bartley. He was only a rotation based player for us - improved contract would've been a wage jump from his original Championship contract with us. As far as I know you paid a fee for him too.

How's he been this year for you?

He played 39 games in all competitions for you yet was a 'rotation based player'? He started every single game (Not just league) until he was sent off against us on league day 26 which meant he missed games 27 & 28.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tom Walsh turned down a new deal at ICT. He'd be one I hope we'd be going for.

Who the hell is Robbo gonna plug up the holes with all his big players from last season leaving? If reconstruction did go through (which it won't and I'd be glad from a perspective of 'f**k Hearts') then surely we'd win that league.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Who the hell is Robbo gonna plug up the holes with all his big players from last season leaving? 

I'd be surprised if Robertson was ICT manager next season. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be surprised if Robertson was ICT manager next season. 

I was thinking the same thing. Makes you wonder if he goes how ICT manage anything close to a title challenge whatsoever. If Robbo stays, I think they'll still overachieve, but if he's gone then I don't see it being too great a season for them.

A whole lot of 'Please avoid' in St Mirren's release list.
Stephen McGinn, Danny Mullen, Gary MacKenzie, Ross Wallace, Tony Andreu and Cody Cooke. Oan Djorkaeff and Vaclav Hladky also leaving.
Mullen I'd have. He'd be a much better foil for Hemmings than the mooted Murray and we were obviously a fraction away from getting him over the line in January. I'd take on McGinn if he's not absolutely finished, but I suspect he is and would rather we didn't chance it. Not much point speaking about Hladky, he'd be a wonderful signing, but he'd have signed on at St Mirren before dropping to the Championship with us.
The rest give me the fear as they scream 'Dundee' as their next destination. Cody Cooke battered us in the season we went down, but is pretty awful in general.

If they’re not good enough for St Mirren they’re not good enough for us.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Who the hell is Robbo gonna plug up the holes with all his big players from last season leaving? If reconstruction did go through (which it won't and I'd be glad from a perspective of 'f**k Hearts') then surely we'd win that league.

I reckon Caley are going to slip away down the league, particularly if Robbo leaves for Hearts.* Wonder how Gardiner would spin that as a 'success'.

*This will in no way whatsoever come back to haunt me.

My list of semi-realistic wants currently sits at:

Unknown quality goalkeeper (If allowed to dream then Speroni)
Ben Turner
Christophe Berra
Vykintas Slivka
Tom Walsh
Danny Mullen

Edited by Ludo*1

I'd have the following personally:

Jamie MacDonald (would say Hladky but doubt that more than Mac)
Christophe Berra
Steven Lawless
Danny Mullen

Maybe Slivka, maybe Walsh, dunno. Certainly feels like we'll have a decent choice if we get certainty about when and who exactly we're playing.

Everyone’s looking at ex-premiership players (hard to argue with the suggestions tbf) but any good players coming through the lower leagues that won’t be getting as big a move as they may have hoped pre-virus?

Are you guys really that thick! 

We are as good, if not better than you lot (as we proved last season by not losing a single game against you!) plus we have a decent enough squad. 

Robertson will likely leave but he's easily replaced, and we will still be successful! 

Stupid Dundee twats!! 

Edited by Caley Shaun
Damn typo

5 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

as we proved last season by not losing a sing game against you!)

You can't call people thick then get the main crux of your point spectacularly wrong, Shaun. 

Go away for a bit, compose yourself and try come back with a better attempt. 

Theres a good boy. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You can't call people thick then get the main crux of your point spectacularly wrong, Shaun. 

Or the spelling of basic words.

9 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

as we proved last season by not losing a sing game against you!

Lol

image.png.eff46a384b0a3b089887c562345fe9f7.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee