All things Dundee FC

42 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

From what I've heard we're a shambles from top to bottom and the new left back looked suspect when we shipped 5 against Stirling Albion midweek

Brentford fans have said he never looked out of place in their first team when he played so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt considering that's a higher level than Dundee operate at.

Forster with 2 good performances on the trot, who would’ve thought. 

Why did the manager take off Byrne when we were winning pretty much at a canter? Does he like to make things a bit more interesting. The 1st subbie was surely Nelson for McGowan. 

We looked fairly solid with the 3 centrehalfs, something to build on hopefully. 

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Why did the manager take off Byrne when we were winning pretty much at a canter? Does he like to make things a bit more interesting. The 1st subbie was surely Nelson for McGowan. 

I thought Byrne was pish in the first half, constantly flopping about and putting in bad tackles, was begging for him to stick Fin on. Was very happy with that sub.

Good game though, everybody else gets pass marks imo.

Edit: The more I read the more I'm starting to realise that I'm in the minority, which is fine. I must've just missed all the good things Byrne did today (aside from the hoof up the pitch that led to the 2nd goal, that was good).

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I thought Byrne was pish in the first half, constantly flopping about and putting in bad tackles, was begging for him to stick Fin on. Was very happy with that sub.

Edit: The more I read the more I'm starting to realise that I'm in the minority, which is fine. I must've just missed all the good things Byrne did today (aside from the hoof up the pitch that led to the 2nd goal, that was good).

Regards Byrne, it was just we were so comfortable in the game there was no need to take a chance and change things. I don’t understand why McPake does these things. 1st sub could’ve been Field for McDaid or Nelson for McGowan that wouldn’t upset the flow of the game. Young Finniesta was better on the ball when he came on.

Good to see Dave MacKay a bit more animated on the touchline today.

I thought the Byrne for Robertson sub was the correct one. Thought that was near enough Byrne's best game for us. He was breaking up attacks and snuffing out their midfield all game. His passing was a bit erratic but we missed his physicality when he went off. Thought the ref was choking to send him off though.

He's a shitfest type player, just there to challenge a few yards in midfield and get the ball passed on very quickly to keep things up the park and as far away from the defence as possible. Think be did that well today. Think we've got to let him play that role consistently to get the best out of him.