All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

The more I see that deflected save the more I love Hamilton but I F*****G LOVE FORSTER

If that'd went in, it'd have been a weak goal for him to concede IMO. Forster looked the weakest out of the CH's for me up until today when he showed his worth. His Craig McKeown style head clearance when it was on the deck and about to be goalbound was sublime.

:( Can't find the iconic picture of McKeown headering it on the ground against Dunfermline (?) anywhere online. Any ideas @davidy233? @SuperTommy

Edited by Ludo*1

If that'd went in, it'd have been a weak goal for him to concede IMO. Forster looked the weakest out of the CH's for me up until today when he showed his worth. His Craig McKeown style head clearance when it was on the deck and about to be goalbound was sublime.

[emoji20] Can't find the iconic picture of McKeown headering it on the ground against Dunfermline (?) anywhere online. Any ideas [mention=5336]davidy233[/mention]? [mention=4278]SuperTommy[/mention]

Kinda reminds me of John Terry’s fish flop but with more danger, I couldn’t pick a MoM today as every player did their job to a T

I'd have given MotM to either Robertson or McGowan. Robertson due to his age and being a class act, but all things equal, I thought McGowan was on a different level to the rest of the players today.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought McGowan was on a different level to the rest of the players today.

Has played at least good if not great in every game so far this season. How people can't get behind him I just don't know. He marshals that no. 10 role like nobody's business.

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Has played at least good if not great in every game so far this season. How people can't get behind him I just don't know. He marshals that no. 10 role like nobody's business.

NDD will probably hunt you down for saying that. 

Got up early to watch the match on playback. We really were not in much trouble against a team likely to be in the top 4 this season. 

Really like the look of central defence and was impressed with our new left back. My only negative comment, is that we defended a bit too deep at times and stood off the ball a bit - a better team would have made more of the space.

Going forward, we just need to keep the changes to a minimum and the goals will come. We should have won by 2 or 3 today, but as long as we keep a clean sheet, 1 will be enough. 

Its too much, and probably bad for his long term development, to ask a 16 year old  to run our midfield for 30+ games, but he looks a real prospect. The commentators were all impressed and I can see the scouts queueing up soon. 

Another early rise on Sat morning to catch the Dunfermline game. Looking forward to it. 

I was trying to think of who Forster reminded me of and whilst not quite as good (He's looked decent tbf!), he reminds me of McPake in his battling qualities.

18 minutes ago, mychurch said:

Got up early to watch the match on playback. We really were not in much trouble against a team likely to be in the top 4 this season. 

Really like the look of central defence and was impressed with our new left back. My only negative comment, is that we defended a bit too deep at times and stood off the ball a bit - a better team would have made more of the space.

Going forward, we just need to keep the changes to a minimum and the goals will come. We should have won by 2 or 3 today, but as long as we keep a clean sheet, 1 will be enough. 

Its too much, and probably bad for his long term development, to ask a 16 year old  to run our midfield for 30+ games, but he looks a real prospect. The commentators were all impressed and I can see the scouts queueing up soon. 

Another early rise on Sat morning to catch the Dunfermline game. Looking forward to it. 

The game is on Friday remember mate, 7:05 kick off.

1 minute ago, Numptdee said:

Assuming our mate here is in Australia. Got up early (it's early Monday morning there right now) to watch the highlights, and he'll get up Saturday morning, or Friday night for us.

Today gave me some optimism going into the league season, played well against Raith but the last two results weren't great and Inverness were our toughest opponents so far so to keep the clean sheet yet again and look very comfortable against a side in our league that's expected to do well was pleasing.

Early days still and a long season ahead but positive signs, seems like we managed to get the feel good factor back around the club after the shambles of last season don't think the importance of that can be underestimated either.

2 hours ago, Numptdee said:

Which is 4am Sat morning in Melbourne for me. 

Not actually checked that it’s on yet - just assuming that the millions of mad sports fans in Auz are wanting to continue watching the Scottish Championship. Million time better than all the MSL, Italian and Spanish stuff 

Edited by mychurch

The two Dundee clubs are going to body this league aren’t they?

I have a lot of mates on both sides and I’m nervous as f**k but will be buzzing or happy for my mates either way.

obviously I’ll be there as usual to slag off my dee mates but f**k me what is the point without the best derby  in the land?

long live the Dundee clubs x

The two Dundee clubs are going to body this league aren’t they?
I have a lot of mates on both sides and I’m nervous as f**k but will be buzzing or happy for my mates either way.
obviously I’ll be there as usual to slag off my dee mates but f**k me what is the point without the best derby  in the land?
long live the Dundee clubs x
Just like you were going to body this league what, two or three years now?

Diddy United bumped by Livingston and St Mirren
[emoji38]

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have given MotM to either Robertson or McGowan. Robertson due to his age and being a class act, but all things equal, I thought McGowan was on a different level to the rest of the players today.

Thought the entire squad deserved a solid 7.5 across the board, but the standouts for me were Forster, Gowser, and Robertson. The youngster didn't have any amazing 'omg' moments, but given the role he plays that's not to be expected, and considering what he's in the side to do, he did it all completely comfortably with a few 'bonus' moments thrown in to boot. If he continues to develop we could have a very tidy player on our hands indeed. 

Forster looked like the typical big, in control warrior type that I think all decent defenses need in this sort of football. No nonsense, in the right place at the right time, and never once looked like being bullied or beaten in any way. A rock. Three CB's is something I have been screaming for ever since the start of last season. Our FB's are shite, sorry to the Cammy Kerr fans, but he is a horribly limited footballer, no doubting his heart, but he contributes nothing at all. You are just harming your own side when you play with a flat four and two of them are hopeless defensively and going forward. At least pushed up the pitch our crappy FB's don't get the chance to harm us nearly as much.

Gowser. Eh... you soon to be baldy wee copper-thumping scrote yeh. Love it. This is the Gowser that has always been there and has been horribly misused by the idiot managers who think he's a #10/hole/Scot Allan type. He's not. Let him sit in a packed midfield and do his thing. He's the elder statesman of the side now, but he showed that in an entirely positive way today. Went forward when it was appropriate, sat in when it was appropriate, looked like hooking someone's pus when it was appropriate. He really could be the linchpin of our side this season, and today he displayed exactly why. I just hope he continues to screw the nut, knuckle down, and show the likes of Robertson how to boss a midfield in the shitefest that is Scottish football, without some clown of a manger deciding that he needs to play off a striker, or that he's a hole player. He's not, never has been, and never will be. 9/10 and MoM for me.

3/5/2, 5/3/2, and variations thereof should be how we play from here on in. It masks and limits our vulnerabilities and weaknesses at FB and out wide, and makes the most of the players we have available to us. I'm still bewildered as to why we played so much flat back four last season when it didn't work at all, yet the season before we were actually ok, comparatively speaking, with Caulker and Co in that sort of setup. I think certain managers get into the mindset that football has to be played a certain way, and that requires a specific approach and formation, rather than working with the tools at your disposal. If your right FB options are Kerr or James Horsfield, why are you insisting on playing a RB in the first place? there's no law that says you have to. I actually quite like this squad apart from everything down our right and left flanks, so shove it. Don't put our worst players on the park, or at least if you have to, give them the simplest possible tasks and the least possible responsibility. I think that's exactly how we set up and played today, and it showed in how liberated Gowser was, how few times Kerr was exposed, and the fact that our front two were released to just be a constant nuisance without worrying about holes in the midfield or having to play as auxiliary wingers. When one of them went out wide, it was usually because there was a massive gap to exploit, or an obvious pass to receive to unlock the entire Caley defense. It was so refreshing after playing the whole of last season with not one single player looking like they knew what it actually was they were there to do.

Edited by Boo Khaki