All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

He might not be able to cross a ball but top marks for Cammy Kerr.

My wife is a teacher and he was in the school today, not on official club duties, to see the kids with additional support needs. He done the same last year and had remembered a few of the kids names and written them Christmas cards. One of the kids had been so excited her mum had phoned the school to check it was true because she's been speaking about it all week.

Top Marks, no press presence, just a good deed.

He's a class act.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

My wife is a teacher and he was in the school today, not on official club duties, to see the kids with additional support needs. He done the same last year and had remembered a few of the kids names and written them Christmas cards. One of the kids had been so excited her mum had phoned the school to check it was true because she's been speaking about it all week.

This kind of activity needs to be publicised, kudos to the young man for taking the time to visit the school, to remember some of the kids names and pass them Christmas cards is also a very positive note.

Those kids will be buzzing about receiving a card from a pro footballer, again young man take a bow.

14 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Bain would probably go into a classroom of primary 7's and shout abuse at them. IMO.

Drop his pencil and blame the fat Irish kid and the foreign exchange student from Bulgaria.

Edited by johnnydun

6 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I would honestly marry the Dundee Derry c**t. Love him.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Kerr is a top bloke and a true Dee.

Happier spending his spare time giving something back to the community rather than sitting in some tattoo artist’s studio!

What's the hate for tattoos? This is the second comment like this I've seen regarding Bain. I think he's a p***k but what does his tattoos have to do with anything?

Don't understand this at all.

Edited by LiamDFC

What's the hate for tattoos? This is the second comment like this I've seen regarding Bain. I think he's a p***k but what does his tattoos have to do with anything?

Are you the guy with the tattooed face Liam?

15 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

I would honestly marry the Dundee Derry c**t. Love him.

Thank you.

Ouch.  Didn’t mean to upset you Liam.  Ive no hate for tattoos.

I was simply playing on the ‘If Carlsberg did Footballers’ advert that showed a footballer dipping his arms in a barrel and bringing them back out fully tattooed.   The jokey  message from the advert implying that to make it as a footballer you have to get a full sleeve.

I think it’s fair to say there are one or two players that seem to be over concerned about their image and ego.  Kerr I’m delighted to say is not one of them and fair play to him for that.

I never mentioned Bain but.......

How are Lewis Spence and Faissal El Bakhtaoui getting on with you guys?

McCann rated both at Dunfermline really highly so I'd expect them to be doing well at Dens this season. 

From the few matches I've saw of Dundee on the tv, Spence has been injured and Faiss has been on the wing which, IMO, isn't his best position. 

Hopefully they continue to kick on and help you guys jump up the league!

3 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

How are Lewis Spence and Faissal El Bakhtaoui getting on with you guys?

McCann rated both at Dunfermline really highly so I'd expect them to be doing well at Dens this season. 

From the few matches I've saw of Dundee on the tv, Spence has been injured and Faiss has been on the wing which, IMO, isn't his best position. 

Hopefully they continue to kick on and help you guys jump up the league!

I thought Spence did  OK when he played the few games he did.  I think there is potential there but, even when fully fit,  I don’t think he’s ready for a regular place in the first team just yet.

I agree El Bak is not a winger.  Unfortunately  as it stands I don’t think he’s a striker, midfielder or any other position at this level either.   There is no doubt he has bags of skills and tricks but he’s still missing so many other basic requirements.  I’m just not sure if he can develop what is needed to let his undoubted talent shine on a regular basis.  

20 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I thought Spence did  OK when he played the few games he did.  I think there is potential there but, even when fully fit,  I don’t think he’s ready for a regular place in the first team just yet.

I agree El Bak is not a winger.  Unfortunately  as it stands I don’t think he’s a striker, midfielder or any other position at this level either.   There is no doubt he has bags of skills and tricks but he’s still missing so many other basic requirements.  I’m just not sure if he can develop what is needed to let his undoubted talent shine on a regular basis.  

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I have more hope for Spence than I do for El Bak. Although being honest, I'm not sure either are cut out for this level.

When Spence first broke through under Jim Jefferies he looked the real deal. Then he lost his way a wee bit and ended up going to Brechin on loan twice where he also impressed but tbh I was surprised he joined Dundee: if anyone cab improve him though, it'll be McCann. 

I think the thing Faiss possibly lacks for Premiership level is his physicality and strength. In my limited viewings of you guys this year, he gets less time on the ball and when he is challenged, is unable to brush off the defender as he done in the lower leagues with Dunfermline