All things Dundee FC

Aye, Dicker and Jones of Kilmarnock would be my 1st 2 picks. 
McDonald and Ainsworth at Motherwell.
Doubt ICT would be difficult to deal with for the likes of Draper, Meekings, Warren etc. 

McDonald will likely be away to the Australian side that were in for him the last 2 windows.

The story seems to be that Ainsworth is away back down south.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Nothing to do with the kits Johnny, he's just had a flashback to James McPake heading us infront against St Johnstone last season on route to a 2-0 victory. A season where they failed to beat us once.

How many points was it we finished ahead of you boys last Season? 20 odd like this season? Minter :lol:

5 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Jack Ross wouldn't come I don't think. He's got more chance of managing St Mirren in the top flight after next season than Dundee with he players he'd be left with.

I think an issue with Jack Ross is that getting him here would require a sizable fee in terms of compensation and the likely length of contract (I imagine we'd be pushed to offering the same job security as St Mirren). After sorting that out, he may not have anything to play with given the limitations that are already in place.

If I was in charge of the decision, I'd be inclined to listen to McCann and see what changes he would like to make and what he thinks he could do. If I like what he said, I'd offer a rolling contract or something with breaks which will give us maneuverability but is probably fair given his experience. In the unproven category, there's evidence to suggest he's got a very good knowledge of the game so although far from guaranteed, there's a bit of potential there.

I'd rather take a chance on somebody that's maybe a bit more untested at this level than go for guys like Duffy, Butcher, Yogi, McGhee etc who maybe have had periods of success to some degree at this level but have plenty of warning signs that would make them utterly uninspiring choices.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

At least you made a few quid today Tam, giving up your stadium to the sevco.

I never but St Johnstone did, helps keep our turnover over 1 million more than you boys. Dinna worry we'll help fill your buckets if you hit hard times again.

You want to come on our European tour? Perugia was such a long time ago, you could do with the break biggie.

9 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Scott Bain is the Players player of the year.

That explains a few things.

Glad Holt got PotY, not that he deserves it, but it counteracts the unnecessary treatment he receives from the support.