2012/13: Hibernian 1-0 Dundee.
2004/05: Livingston 1-1 Dundee.
2003/04: Aberdeen 1-2 Dundee.
2002/03: Hearts 1-0 Dundee.
2001/02: Motherwell 2-1 Dundee.
2000/01: Hearts 2-0 Dundee.
1999/00: Dundee 0-2 Aberdeen.
1998/99: St Johnstone 1-0 Dundee.
So 4 goals in 11 games. 1 win and 1 draw (Which seen us relegated) combined with 9 losses. 22 goals conceded in 11 games. We don't really like sending the fans home with some encouragement on the final day of the season. It's also slightly interesting that we've only had 1 home game on the final day of the season in the top flight in 11 attempts.

I was thinking about this last night. Had no idea our record was THAT bad though. Wonder if there's a club wide mentality of 'f**k it we've done all we can by this point' or if it's all just coincidental. Either way it's s shambolic record. What was it like in the first?

We lost 7/12 points to Inverness and 7/12 points to Hamilton this season.

That's 20% of both those teams points for the WHOLE season coming against us. How we stayed up this season is an absolute miracle.

Motherwell.

We lost 7/12 points to Inverness and 7/12 points to Hamilton this season.

That's 20% of both those teams points for the WHOLE season coming against us. How we stayed up this season is an absolute miracle.

We've ridden our luck this season, the comeback result against Hearts - not through our play but them imploding; not one but two non-goals for Well - I could go on. We've had a complete inability to compete in most games against the top 6 teams, especially Aberdeen and Thistle - it was one reason for our horrendous runs - they both coincided with games predominantly against the top 6 teams.

We've got far too many similar midfield players, no width except for Kerr ( and Holt on an occasion), limited options up front and some real bombscares in defence.

We really should be doing better - there are teams with similar or even lower budgets who manage to assemble far better teams - it clearly has to be down to them having better managers and scouting systems. Before we have any clearout we need to get the right management team in - I'm still not sure McCann is the answer - he managed to get a tune out of them for 2 and a half games but how much was that down to him motivating the team and getting some basics right (like playing players in the correct position) as opposed to having good tactical awareness.

It's not a decision that should be rushed but it still needs to be made relatively quickly to give the new manager a close season to rebuild. I just hope we look beyond the usual suspects and push the boat out for a new manager.

Honking season as we all know. If McCann sits down and identifies the obvious problems (particularly our powder puff midfield) with a plan to fix them then he should get the job.

For me the only one I'd keep who's out of contract is Higgins - Gadz a bit unlucky but we need someone who isn't injured so easily. So money saved on Gadz, Gomis, Ross, Ojaama, and Mitchell. In addition I suspect Loy and Low will remain out on loan. Vincent and Williams are clearly no-where near good at this level (Hateley only kept as he can provide cover at right back and midfield) and have to be moved on.

We need another cheap option back up keeper with potential for when Bain moves on

A speedy left back - I like Holt but he is murdered against pace. I think he could do a good job on the left side of midfield and as centre half cover.

A strong midfielder (Draper?)

Push the boat out, not that it would be that much, for Jordan Jones from Kilmarnock - a proper winger

Another centre half 

Not perfect but the constraints of our budget would likely limit us further and put ourselves in a much better position than we have been this season.

I don't mind Vincent- I think he's been given a hard time this season by some fans, but even if Hateley can "play" right-back and centre-mid he needs to GTF. One of the most useless, disinterested players I've seen at Dens in years. He clearly thinks he's amazing too. Get him tae f**k

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Would you like to see McCann stay on? Although he barely kept you up I'd be wary of his inexperience and his assisting record under Jefferies here.

I wouldn't hate it if he did but we've got too many of our shite players under contract and I'd rather go with someone who's got experience of doing well with limited squads.

False*. Between 1996 and 1998 we had the best home, away, and third kit we've ever had IMO.     *admittedly nearly every home kit since then has been stinking.

I meant in recent years, but yeah those were decent. 20 years ago now, though..

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Would you like to see McCann stay on? Although he barely kept you up I'd be wary of his inexperience and his assisting record under Jefferies here.

I wouldn't hate it, but he certainly wouldn't be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice (I may or may not have such choices but don't ask me to name them!).

He is infinitely better than the usual non-entities such as Stubbs, Butcher etc.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Yes I would.

He clearly loves the club and has shown enough tactical knowledge and man management skills to have a proper go.

Wont last though, Jocky's weird 8 year thing is due.