All things Dundee FC

I don't mind Tam in here trolling. At least he's stuck at it, Random Guy was in here constantly before McCann took over then became suddenly absent. Shitebag like the majority of our team.

I have 9 vouchers left out of the 19 from the season book.
I missed the home games against Hearts, St Johnstone and Rangers amongst others.
I reckon I saw two performances at Dens this year that weren't in the poor/shite category and I've seen them score one goal since about January, at what worked out at about £30 upwards per game.

Pish.
And most of the culprits will be there next season.

A big clear out is definitely needed.  Hoping I won't see Williams, Hately, Gomis, Ojamma, Vincent, Yordi, Low and Julien at Dens next season.  None of them good enough / worth the wait.  Unfortunately due to their contracts at least three of them will be next to impossible to move on without Dundee paying a fair bit of their future wages.  Obviously means even less to invest in new players.

What a sorry mess Hartley has left.

Who can we get rid of?

I think next season I would accept, at a push -Kerr, O'Dea, Holt, vincent and El Bak in the starting XI.

Higgins, McGowan, O'Hara on the bench. Hopefully all the others will be replaced with competent footballers.

I also hope the texans have a magic wand to make it so. Realistically next season is going to be even worse. Probable relegation. I'll try my best to enjoy the summer and not think about it.

I've never been so fucking happy to see the end of a season. Not been on twitter yet but I seriously hope Darren O'Dea cuts the "#thedee" pish after these last two games.

Utterly pish and unacceptable finish to the season. I'll probably get the old "eh piy meh money" pish for saying this, but fans fork out hard earned money to go and watch those boys. The least they could do is put in a bit of effort.

ETA: Decided against going today (only the 4th game I've missed this season) because I knew we would put in a shitebag performance. Feel sorry for the Dees that travelled through. Deserve at least a bit of effort.

Hopefully we'll know within the next few days if McCann is to continue or not. Personally it'd be a thanks for your great efforts Neil, but we're going in a different direction next season. Can't read too much into 5 games, but I've seen some really good ideas from him and some baffling substitutions (To the extent that I was more baffled than I was with Hartley's). I know I'm probably in the minority with that because it's not helped that the candidates for the job will be the likes of Butcher, Stubbs, Yogi et al, which is a scary thought. I'd personally like Jack Ross in but can't see the board headhunting him.

It's a massive, massive decision that needs to be made asap so that the manager can cull the squad and compete for the players that are becoming available now.

Hopefully we'll know within the next few days if McCann is to continue or not. Personally it'd be a thanks for your great efforts Neil, but we're going in a different direction next season. Can't read too much into 5 games, but I've seen some really good ideas from him and some baffling substitutions (To the extent that I was more baffled than I was with Hartley's). I know I'm probably in the minority with that because it's not helped that the candidates for the job will be the likes of Butcher, Stubbs, Yogi et al, which is a scary thought. I'd personally like Jack Ross in but can't see the board headhunting him.
It's a massive, massive decision that needs to be made asap so that the manager can cull the squad and compete for the players that are becoming available now.

I think it will be McCann and I'd back that decision, with an appropriately structured contract. Although the United fans got upset I'd favour a deal where the manager gets a cut of fees generated through transfers, where the salary is low but the bonus increases depending on where we finish. If you furnish a manager with the 6 biggest budget in the league having a clause that says we can punt you in the event of relegation seems fair enough to me. Jack Ross (and I doubt he would come) seems to have a stellar future ahead of him but Hartley, especially just after he took as up was probably even more highly rated and we know how that ended. McCann has a wee bit less managerial experience than Jack but they are both raw recruits in reality.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think it will be McCann and I'd back that decision, with an appropriately structured contract. Although the United fans got upset I'd favour a deal where the manager gets a cut of fees generated through transfers, where the salary is low but the bonus increases depending on where we finish. If you furnish a manager with the 6 biggest budget in the league having a clause that says we can punt you in the event of relegation seems fair enough to me. Jack Ross (and I doubt he would come) seems to have a stellar future ahead of him but Hartley, especially just after he took as up was probably even more highly rated and we know how that ended. McCann has a wee bit less managerial experience than Jack but they are both raw recruits in reality.

Spot on, I would rather give McCann a go next season than settle for the usual dross that lingers around the Scottish game. He did pull us out the shit in games that mattered and got that utter clusterfuck of a team winning important games. Im not too bothered about the 2 defeats, they had no bearing on anything and I think that players and fans alike just wanted this horse shit season over.

I would like him to keep Kerr, O'Dea, El Bak, O'hara and possibly Bain and Haber. Ok they will never be world beaters but they are decent at this level. It gives a good starting block. 

Not a great season, but we stayed up and now it is time to rebuild.

My round up of the season.

Cup runs - SHITE

League form - SHITE

Summer signings - SHITE

I had convinced myself by half time at East Fife game (1st game of the season) that this year was away to be horrendous and 10th was the best I was looking for. Hartley had a fucking shocker last summer.  

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

My round up of the season.

Cup runs - SHITE

League form - SHITE

Summer signings - SHITE

I had convinced myself by half time at East Fife game (1st game of the season) that this year was away to be horrendous and 10th was the best I was looking for. Hartley had a fucking shocker last summer.  

The warning signs were there last season. 

United's shiteness just took the spotlight off how rotten we were as well. 

I remember being thankful we still had Hemmings and Stewart towards the end of the window. Particularly Hemmings. When he was through on goal you knew he was going to score. His composure was excellent and I thought he would carry us this season as I expected Stewart to go to Rangers. Losing Kane was unexpected and ultimately the major part in how shite our season has been, imo. We've created plenty of chances and we've had opportunities where we've been through on goal but lacked that composure to bury chances. Especially early in the season. f**k knows what happened to the team mentally but we seemed to get worse and worse as the season wore on. I think we just have a bang average team with no leaders. They all hide and lack the ability to go up a level to win a game with an extra bit of class. The sad thing is I can't remember us ever having players of the calibre of Hemmings and Stewart for many years and I can't see us digging up any gems like them for years either.