All things Dundee FC

If Bain had any sort of sense about him, he would see what's happened to Stewart, and would sign a one year extension and get his fucking finger out.

I've a depressing feeling he'll sign nothing, go nowhere and we'll have him for another year with his finger firmly where it is now.

If I was Bain, I wouldn't sign another deal. He's got a poor relationship with the crowd, his mates have left the club, and he can earn more money and get himself noticed at even a slightly bigger club. There's no reason for him to stay unless we offer him a massive wedge which I'd be hesitant to do.

Bain, IMO is turning a corner. His confidence under McCann has improved and so has his performance. I would be happy for him to stay as he can still do a great job for us. He is changing his attitude, I think that if the Coxy could do the same then it would work out well.

Bain, IMO is turning a corner. His confidence under McCann has improved and so has his performance. I would be happy for him to stay as he can still do a great job for us. He is changing his attitude, I think that if the Coxy could do the same then it would work out well.

Agree with this, seen a big difference in him.

Majority of the Coxy are still arse holes though.

16 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Agree with this, seen a big difference in him.

Majority of the Coxy are still arse holes though.

Let's not pretend that Bain isn't an unprofessional, arsehole either though. I agree been a massive change in him since McCann came in and if we can't cash in on him, a revitalised Bain would certainly be a massive asset for us next season.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Heard Saints are in signing talks with Greg Stewart, what like a player can we expect?

If he's good at taking the ball into the corner and falling over a lot he should fit right in :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Let's not pretend that Bain isn't an unprofessional, arsehole either though. I agree been a massive change in him since McCann came in and if we can't cash in on him, a revitalised Bain would certainly be a massive asset for us next season.

But this is what Im talking about Ludo, you guys in the Coxy have to give him another chance, start a fresh, or it benefits nobody.

Just now, johnnydun said:

But this is what Im talking about Ludo, you guys in the Coxy have to give him another chance, start a fresh, or it benefits nobody.

I'm not at war with Bain, (I don't see the benefit of shouting at your own players, deserved or otherwise) and the Cox always claps him. He just can't deal with the fact that the stand is comprised of a bunch of moaning b*****ds (Not including me. :angel)

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not at war with Bain, (I don't see the benefit of shouting at your own players, deserved or otherwise) and the Cox always claps him. He just can't deal with the fact that the stand is comprised of a bunch of moaning b*****ds (Not including me. :angel)

But your still blaming him?

But your still blaming him?

I don't have anything personally against him and see the appeal in telling some of the roasters in our support to get to f**k.

That being said, reacting to it so regularly (in person and social media) as a professional footballer really makes you worry that he's not emotionally equipped to cope with it. If he ever goes to one of the Old Firm or a club down south, imagine the intensified crap he'd have to deal with. Maybe Big Rab should take him hunting this summer and give him some lessons in manhood.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

I don't have anything personally against him and see the appeal in telling some of the roasters in our support to get to f**k.

That being said, reacting to it so regularly (in person and social media) as a professional footballer really makes you worry that he's not emotionally equipped to cope with it. If he ever goes to one of the Old Firm or a club down south, imagine the intensified crap he'd have to deal with. Maybe Big Rab should take him hunting this summer and give him some lessons in manhood.

You've put it much more eloquently than I could Harry.

Bain is undoubtedly a very good goalkeeper (when he's trying?) but does seem to be a tad emotionally fragile. 

Think that's been demonstrated over last couple of games, when things are going well he's been spot on with the fans and as soon as things got a bit shit, he was giving abuse to them again. Not to take the heat off our fans of course, no point abusing the keeper week in week out. 

I do not blame Bain in the slightest for his latest reaction. Look at it from his perspective;

A new manager comes in, fresh starts all round and a return in confidence.

He plays superb in 3 games, the fans get back on his side.

He has to deal with ANOTHER pass back, not to his strengths, makes a hash of it and gets caught, but gets away with it, receives pelters.

What does he have to do to get a bit of encouragement after a difficult situation not created by him? I would tell said supporters to f**k right off too.