All things Dundee FC

Their fans seem to be keeping very quiet on here as well. Couldn't get them out of this thread a couple of weeks ago.

Concentrating on securing European Football (remember that?) for the 5th time in 6 years.

Also with Dundee winning a couple of games it's less hilarious now.

Concentrating on securing European Football (remember that?) for the 5th time in 6 years.

Also with Dundee winning a couple of games it's less hilarious now.

Oh you are still here. Here's me thinking you all forgot your passwords or something. 

Enjoy getting pumped in some war torn, eastern European country :thumsup2

58 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That may be,but they've been better than both Dundee teams for years now.

And? 

So have a lot of other teams! 

You trying to say that there is some kind of derby here? Ha, they would like to think so but their only rivalry is the red sky in the morning!

On 05/05/2017 at 16:22, Ludo*1 said:

I'm a wee bit worried that we aren't planning for next season as of yet. I realise it's difficult when we don't know which league we'll be in, but we don't even have a manager that is making contingencies for either scenario.

My worry stems from the fact that when you see players like Marc McNulty & Stefan Scougall being released down South, who'd both improve our squad immeasurably, we'll be behind the curve as other similar sized clubs in the league will already be analysing potential talent that they want to sign whether they're in this league or the Championship.

I'm not too concerned, got to remember we are used to having Hartley who got his business done WAY earlier than any other manager i've ever seen and McCann doesn't have the job full time.. for now.

My main worry is the Goalkeeper spot, who do we bring in to replace Bain if he gets sold?

- I'm not convinced Mitchell is going to be able to take over as No.1, he's looked shaky when he's played and he seems to get injured a lot given Ferrie or Gourlay have been on the bench a lot this season.

- Letheren will probably be available, and possibly desperate to come back, given he's just been relegated with York City to the National Leagues N/S, but - he's just been spent a season in the National League Premier and gotten relegated.

Outside of those two, what's out there options wise?

--------------

Defence needs a signing or two, cover for Cammy Kerr and/or Holt and a replacement for McPake if he's not coming back as a player.

Midfield needs two or three - a strong Holding Mid and WINGERS, please for the love of everything dark blue, wingers.

Attack is not bad and is probably our strongest area even now Haber just needs better service(he's actually enjoying his best goals to game ratio in a season with us), Loy will be coming back I imagine, El Bahk is still adapting to the higher level but it'll only be a matter of time before he starts scoring I think. Wighton is probably more AM now but his creativity is coming along. If we punt Loy i'd bring in another striker only then.

As for players to get rid of.

Nicky Low get him gone, he's crocked needs to just retire or take a leaf from Simon Ferry's book. I'd get rid of Williams and Yordi permanently if possible as well.

Doubts - Gomis, Hateley and Vincent all three have been so much better under McCann in his two games but if they have suitors I wouldn't say no to them leaving if we brought in replacements, at least those are my thoughts on them right now.

Ojamaa - wouldn't even bother trying to extend his loan, think he's had one good game since joining, send him back as soon as the season is over.

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Does anyone know if Yordi's scored any more for the German mob he went to?

Think my source has him as having played 11, scored 2 and assisted 2, bare in mind that's 4th Tier German football which I don't even know if it's any good quality wise.

Link here: http://www.fupa.net/teams/wuppertaler-sv-315734.html

Edited by dburns

Been trying to think in the past couple of days who i would rather keep for next season between Gomis and Gadzhalov. If you'd asked me 2/3 weeks ago it would have been Gadz but he's very limited whereas I think Gomis has the potential to be much better.

Personally it pains me to say but if we had to chose between the two I think I'd keep Gomis.

Kevin Gomis is a fucking unit and not many strikers will get the better of him physically. He's fast and is comfortable on the ball. If he could cut out his brain fart moments then he'd be an excellent centre half at this level.

He's also probably got a massive cock too.