All things Dundee FC

Is McCann the most inspirational manager we've had? He may well yet turn out to be a disaster but his media showings are top notch. Always talking up the fans, talking up the club, honest, positive and not filled with clichés. I read a few of his comments about Saturdays game and it's a marked difference from anything we've had before. Used to the droll groanings of Hartley, Bomber, Smith, Jocky et Al.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is McCann the most inspirational manager we've had? He may well yet turn out to be a disaster but his media showings are top notch. Always talking up the fans, talking up the club, honest, positive and not filled with clichés. I read a few of his comments about Saturdays game and it's a marked difference from anything we've had before. Used to the droll groanings of Hartley, Bomber, Smith, Jocky et Al.

Green dot for 'droll groanings'. Thank you.

Would you pay that before we find out what league we will be in next season?

No - but you don't have to. There were fans on forums last season having a go at the club for not having season ticket information up early enough. I know we were safe last year so it was a bit easier but the club can't wait around forever. I'd personally rather adults prices higher and kids get theirs for £1. A parent and his 2 kids can get their 3 tickets for £387 so when you look at it that way it's very reasonable no matter what league we're in. It'll never suit everyone, but this is a good move imo.

£385 is a ridiculous price and we are one of the dearest teams in Scotland to watch. They can say it's positive by saying it's a freeze but they'd have been cheeky b*****ds if they tried to put it up. If anything it needs to come down by about £40-50.

Few good ideas to reel kids in but still a shocking price for adults.

What are the Tadgerines charging as a matter of interest?
I'll buy mine early to avoid £385, and will as usual miss a few games. I'd still rather pay now and give the club and a new manager a contribution to plan and develop his team.

Theoretical question - With Ayr looking likely to go down to League 1 and probably not being able to afford to keep GGH, or potentially choosing not to keep him if McCall gets punted, would you take him back perhaps even in a player-coach style deal since he's getting on in years?

As much as he deserved to be punted, his short bursts of quality have been badly needed at times throughout this season.