All things Dundee FC

When something sounds too good to be true..

No, you're wrong. A bunch of millionaire Americans with no connection to the club are willing to pile money into an empty space to keep Dundee afloat, with no hope of getting it back, for a decade or more.

It's obviously a tremendously safe way to run a club.

They also talk about building a new stadium, personal training area and want to grow the global fan base. All hallmarks of a devoted bunch of owners, willing to be there long term...

No, you're wrong. A bunch of millionaire Americans with no connection to the club are willing to pile money into an empty space to keep Dundee afloat, with no hope of getting it back, for a decade or more.

It's obviously a tremendously safe way to run a club.

They also talk about building a new stadium, personal training area and want to grow the global fan base. All hallmarks of a devoted bunch of owners, willing to be there long term...

Meanwhile in other news your chairman was prepared to knock your ground down (your new ground after he knocked down your old ground already) in order to profit from some development land he owned and/or had an option on.

Real long term stuff there. Without Bruce McDiarmid effectively pumping 20 million in mto Sainties you'd have been dead years ago. But your day is coming, don't doubt it.

In the meantime take your shitey, second rate WUM act and go f**k yourself. You're a despicable little c**t.

Insult folk who question you rather than address the problem.

Very Rangers-y

If the accounts showed just 1 month later it'd have shown we made a net profit due to the sale of Hemmings and Stewart.

We are going to be making significant losses unless we sell a player every season with or without having American owners and that's due to the upkeep of Dens Park.

They want to move us so that they can bring more money into the club much like St Johnstone do and don't have near as much a seasonal outlay as they do on Dens Park.

They've made a major investment in land so they've put their money where there mouths are unlike our previous incumbents who didn't even pay the tax man.

It's not a sustainable model - the board admitted that if you even watched Nelms interview which gives a lot of context to the whole thing. It's gonna be a slow process but once it's done we'll be self sufficient just like St Johnstone are with Mcdiarmid. We can only but hope we don't get a shite, soulless logo stadium like you guys did.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If the accounts showed just 1 month later it'd have shown we made a net profit due to the sale of Hemmings and Stewart.

We are going to be making significant losses unless we sell a player every season with or without having American owners and that's due to the upkeep of Dens Park.

They want to move us so that they can bring more money into the club much like St Johnstone do and don't have near as much a seasonal outlay as they do on Dens Park.

They've made a major investment in land so they've put their money where there mouths are unlike our previous incumbents who didn't even pay the tax man.

It's not a sustainable model - the board admitted that if you even watched Nelms interview which gives a lot of context to the whole thing. It's gonna be a slow process but once it's done we'll be self sufficient just like St Johnstone are with Mcdiarmid. We can only but hope we don't get a shite, soulless logo stadium like you guys did.

This.

Aberdeen are moving stadiums for the same reason, (i think its costing them £700k a year for the up keep of pittodrie?). The majority of Scottish grounds are falling apart and in need of upgrades as they are crippling clubs.

13 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Meanwhile in other news your chairman was prepared to knock your ground down (your new ground after he knocked down your old ground already) in order to profit from some development land he owned and/or had an option on.

Real long term stuff there. Without Bruce McDiarmid effectively pumping 20 million in mto Sainties you'd have been dead years ago. But your day is coming, don't doubt it.

In the meantime take your shitey, second rate WUM act and go f**k yourself. You're a despicable little c**t.

Perfection in a nutshell. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We could copy the new good Ibrox with built-in corners unlike St Johnstone who copied the cornerless model and made the gaps bigger!.

24 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Is the Perth fuds always been obsessed with the mighty Dee??

In a word; yes. 

Oh dear, let's look at this clusterfuck of a post, one point at a time.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, you're wrong. A bunch of millionaire Americans with no connection to the club are willing to pile money1 into an empty space2 to keep Dundee afloat3, with no hope of getting it back, for a decade or more4.

It's obviously a tremendously safe way to run a club.5

They also talk about building a new stadium, personal training area and want to grow the global fan base. All hallmarks of a devoted bunch of owners, willing to be there long term...6

In reading this, I'm going to go ahead and assume you have absolutely no understanding of what's involved in running a business.

1. There are almost always operational losses following new ownership, particularly when you're investing in infrastructure. The day to day operations of the club are polar opposites to 10 years ago, for example. From youth set-up to odd-field activities, we're more stable than we've been for as long as I can remember.

2. The piece of land you're referring to isn't owned by the club (as far as I'm aware), so why even mention it?

3. Dundee are not in need of being 'kept afloat'. The purpose of the investment from FPS wasn't to 'save us', it was to move us forward over time. We were already afloat thanks to the existing directors and fan ownership. Unlike Rangers, we saved our club.

4. This is the principle on which investment was accepted by the fan before diluting their shares. It was accepted on the basis they wouldn't be able to take money from the club until we were turning a profit.

5. Compared to most other Premiership/Championship clubs, it's a much more sustainable model. It's a safer model than your own club, for example. And, so far, it's working.

6. Yes — agreed.

I know you're really, really trying to wind people up, but I think your time would be better spent looking at your own clubs fucking mental business model (see Fifespuds magnificent post above). Essentially, what I'm trying to say is shut your puss and f**k off.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

In a word; yes. 

Oh dear, let's look at this clusterfuck of a post, one point at a time.

In reading this, I'm going to go ahead and assume you have absolutely no understanding of what's involved in running a business.

1. There are almost always operational losses following new ownership, particularly when you're investing in infrastructure. The day to day operations of the club are polar opposites to 10 years ago, for example. From youth set-up to odd-field activities, we're more stable than we've been for as long as I can remember.

2. The piece of land you're referring to isn't owned by the club (as far as I'm aware), so why even mention it?

3. Dundee are not in need of being 'kept afloat'. The purpose of the investment from FPS wasn't to 'save us', it was to move us forward over time. We were already afloat thanks to the existing directors and fan ownership. Unlike Rangers, we saved our club.

4. This is the principle on which investment was accepted by the fan before diluting their shares. It was accepted on the basis they wouldn't be able to take money from the club until we were turning a profit.

5. Compared to most other Premiership/Championship clubs, it's a much more sustainable model. It's a safer model than your own club, for example. And, so far, it's working.

6. Yes — agreed.

I know you're really, really trying to wind people up, but I think your time would be better spent looking at your own clubs fucking mental business model (see Fifespuds magnificent post above). Essentially, what I'm trying to say is shut your puss and f**k off.

Thank you.

Superb post!

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Another pre-match routine ruined, at least it won't be eight miles out of town like Aberdeen's new stadium, I suppose.

Don't worry.  Lochee is only a short walk to where the new stadium would be.  Plenty of welcoming pubs to choose from.