All things Dundee FC

Selling club: We're all selling clubs. The reason that John Nelms said that we weren't a 'selling club' was most probably to try and milk as much from the Hemmings/Stewart deals as possible. It doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to realise that. We didn't 'need' to sell, but we were always going to because it was in our best interest to take the money while we could. 
Did it work? I've no idea — but that's almost certainly why they said it. Genuinely baffled as to why this is a point of criticism...
Reduced prices: It's been talked about many times, but as far as I'm aware, dropping prices in Scottish football has never given improved crowds over a sustained period. Perhaps [mention=11024]HibeeJibee[/mention]has info on this? The only way the the cost of match-day football is going to change up here is if the SFA wake up and put some kind of cap in place. That won't ever happen as we're run by vermin like Neil Doncaster, so I wouldn't hold your breath of ever getting 'value for money' pricing at Dens or any other top-tier Scottish teams.
Conclusion: Having a go at a set of people that have come in and stabilised a club that they've absolutely no connection with, then rightly or wrongly backed their employee to do his job, is harsh in the extreme. It isn't their fault that their manager has gone off-piste and signed utter shite like Danny Williams — Hartley is the expert in this situation and he's responsible for his recruitment, not the Americans. All they can do is trust him to do his job and back him where they can. Countless clubs up and down the country are in a horrible mess because their respective boards get involved constantly. We've had it ourselves. Couple that with our terrible record of sacking and replacing managers on a whim, which has gotten us nowhere in the past.
I'll say it again; the only fair criticism of the Americans, IMO, is that they've been naive in allowing certain contractual clauses/deals to happen. The rest of the blame falls at the feet of the manager.

Good post. Maybe I've been a bit harsh but like you their naivety annoys me. The comment from Nelms obviously didn't work as we definitely undersold both of them. Hopefully we've learned and get more for Bain.

Ticket prices are maybe more of a widespread thing and something the SFA should look at. German football improved drastically after they cut prices around the country.

The reunification had absolutely nothing to do with the standard of aGerman football improving. It is what it is because you can go and watch Dortmund for £14. 

Right you are.

Awhhh right sorry i was expecting facts and figures after you shot my comment down but you've just given an opinions.

Of course I'm wrong. I'm mean why on earth would football being more affordable and open to more people creating more interest be a good thing for football?

Silly me.

German football improved drastically after they cut prices around the country.

I'm sure it's nothing to do with the fact the German FA built every club a world class youth facility and lend them f**k tonnes of Euros every season to help run them.

Definitely the lower ticket prices that helps them produce such good quality players.

I'm sure it's nothing to do with the fact the German FA built every club a world class youth facility and lend them f**k tonnes of Euros every season to help run them.

Definitely the lower ticket prices that helps them produce such good quality players.

You took your time getting here.

8f704e3ce7674635c196e30e5e196f2a.jpg

A right good up and at them performance against Rangers on Sunday should stop all this in fighting.

Alternatively seeing as the game is against Rangers we can give them too much respect, go 5 at the back, play for a draw with a big punt up the park whenever we get the ball.  

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

58a752be98495_wornout.png.52beac6f98414960e4824f753856777d.png

Just noticed this thread has had over 1,080,000 views. I just pm'd Div for a breakdown of the figures and he said over 1 million of the visits are from BoredomGuy.

I take it the other 80,000 is Biggie continually posting photos which had run their comedic life three months ago?

The sooner this season is over the better. Hartley needs to perform major surgery on the squad but he's put himself into a right shite position with the length of contracts he's handed out to some right duds. Danny Williams is the most infuriating for me. I've never seen a player before that offers nothing, I've seen players out of their depth and I've seen really poor players in my time watching Dundee such as Netan Sansara, Darren Williams and Patrick Noubissie. Whilst all were utterly dreadful I could see the point and position they played. Williams is better than they 3 put together but I just don't see the point in him. He doesn't tackle, he's not imposing, he doesn't take set pieces, he can't cross. As Mixu would say, what is the fucking point?!

The sooner this season is over the better. Hartley needs to perform major surgery on the squad but he's put himself into a right shite position with the length of contracts he's handed out to some right duds. Danny Williams is the most infuriating for me. I've never seen a player before that offers nothing, I've seen players out of their depth and I've seen really poor players in my time watching Dundee such as Netan Sansara, Darren Williams and Patrick Noubissie. Whilst all were utterly dreadful I could see the point and position they played. Williams is better than they 3 put together but I just don't see the point in him. He doesn't tackle, he's not imposing, he doesn't take set pieces, he can't cross. As Mixu would say, what is the fucking point?!

You've lost me mate