All things Dundee FC

Just now, scottdeeuk said:

Exactly. PH and the team will know this is a minority. These guys forget how good we have it.

The problem is that its always the arsehole minority of whatever issue that get highlighted in the media. Its clear to see that they are not going un noticed or ignored by Stewart and Hartley. Its more than likely Stewart will be off but there are bam's who are hurrying the process along. Stewart leaving would be difficult, however Hartley being forced out the door is a whole new level of pish.

Thing is, what can we really dae to try and get the boo boys to stfu? (beyond cracking pusses and getting banned ourselves??)

I moved fae the Derry to the Bobby Cox last season to get awa fae them, but it seems they're just everywhere in Dens.

I actually dinnae go to that many matches now because the atmosphere (if there is any) is fucking toxic.

We're turning into the new St Mirren.

So glad to have Gowser back again, he was my motm yesterday. He was everywhere and took his goal really well. Holt, Stewart and Williams all played exceptionally well. Much better from Vincent but he has to show more IMO to get into this first eleven as I'd have Gowser, Ross and O'Hara in front of him at the minute. Yordi is a unit, some good hold up play but there's something about him I can't put my finger on. I think he can improve a lot though and to be fair he's just come from amateur level. Having him and Loy gives us different options against different types of teams. Yordi maybe against more physical sides like Hearts and Aberdeen where we'll likely have less chances and Loy against teams where we will create chances. Loys link up play was a lot better than Yordis when he came on.

Right back is a priority IMO now that Gadz is back but Hartley still saying he wants another centre half in. If we could get in a right back, centre half and a creative midfielder then I'd be quite happy going into the season with that squad.

One of the things I dislike the most about the DABs is the sense of entitlement they exhibit alongside delusions of where there club should be.

Seems that now we have become the city's premier team again a few (although it seems to be more and more each week) of our fans think we've made it.

There's a boy sits not far from me in the coxy and he walks into the ground face fucking tripping him every week and ensures he gets everything out of his system over the course of the match.

I actually fear for his wife (if such a dour c**t can have one) now that Harkins is out the picture as he was his go to player for over the top, unwarranted abuse.

I've had a pop at this arsehole before, as have at least 3 others in the past 3 seasons - doesn't make a bit of difference. He's made his mind up before he comes to dens.

There is f**k all you can do with people like that but try and ignore them and stop the negativity spreading.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just watched Hartley's post match interview. To say he's annoyed by our support is an understatement.

Says that he thinks the treatment we've been giving Greg Stewart has been completely unfair. Wasn't too sure what he's getting at, but he certainly didn't give off the vibe that he's currently a happy manager.

Where I sit (Derry near to Shankly) there's one or two regulars that moan whenever Stewart tries a trick / turn that doesn't come off but they are few and far between.  Worth bearing in mind they are the same ones that moan when others get rid of the ball too quickly and don't try to take their man on!  Most where I sit give the team complete backing during play.

I'm 100% behind Hartley and I can understand his frustration but if he did label all the support the same I think that's a bit unfair.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Where I sit (Derry near to Shankly) there's one or two regulars that moan whenever Stewart tries a trick / turn that doesn't come off but they are few and far between.  Worth bearing in mind they are the same ones that moan when others get rid of the ball too quickly and don't try to take their man on!  Most where I sit give the team complete backing during play.

I'm 100% behind Hartley and I can understand his frustration but if he did label all the support the same I think that's a bit unfair.

It's not what he said, it's more what he never said. He never had an outright go at the fans, just that he thinks it's unfair the way Stewart has been treated by us - I imagine in eference to midweek.

I wouldn't blame Hartley if he did tar the whole support as disgraceful, because was every 10 decent shouts from the crowd, it'll always be the bile that gets remembered. We need to recognise we've got a problem and get it sorted. Fed up hearing, 'We're no worse than anyone else' or the 'We pay our money so have a right' excuses. It doesn't exactly inspire the team and it's not the first time our reputation as fans has been brought into question, even legends such as Jocky have went on about it in the past.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's not what he said, it's more what he never said. He never had an outright go at the fans, just that he thinks it's unfair the way Stewart has been treated by us - I imagine in eference to midweek.

Ah OK.  That makes more sense.

Just a thought and I'd be happy to be corrected here but do you not think Dundee could do some more community club work?

I know for a fact my son would love to go and see Dundee do a training session, especially during the school holidays, but they are all closed sessions.  For United fans I believe it is possible to watch them train over at St Andrews, get autographs of players etc.

United have the J League on Saturday mornings for the kids to play and train.  Dundee don't have anything like that.

Things like the above can only help to bring fans closer to the club.

If we didn't get pumped out the easiest group in history, with a game to spare, maybe they players wouldn't have got telt in Peterhead.

Total fucking embarrassment in this cup. If Stewart thinks a few shouts from Dundee fans is bad, he'll be in for a shock if he ends up at Rangers and they're being embarrassed by part time teams two leagues below.

Our fans are no more or less critical than any others. And in this instance the team deserved the criticism midweek.

a swap deal could be part of a deal if he does go to Pittodrie

Nope. We'd want hard cash. I've got a better chance of turning out for Aberdeen than Aberdeen do of signing Stewart.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nope. We'd want hard cash. I've got a better chance of turning out for Aberdeen than Aberdeen do of signing Stewart.

Do you guys know if Stewart has a "release clause fee" that will mean a club can talk to him, similar to the Hemmings transfer?

i think he'll end up in England in the Championship.

as a Dons fan I'd love it if we signed him but 

1) it's not a priority position

2) we can't afford him. 

Just now, Louis Litt said:

There is 100% no release clause in Greg's contract.

Well for me that 100% ensures he won't be Pitodrie bound, not that I think we're looking at him now.

we can't afford what you guys would want.

realistically, with 12 months of his contract to go, what do you think you'll get if he goes now? £500k

if it's Leeds or the likes? 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Well for me that 100% ensures he won't be Pitodrie bound, not that I think we're looking at him now.

we can't afford what you guys would want.

realistically, with 12 months of his contract to go, what do you think you'll get if he goes now? £500k

if it's Leeds or the likes? 

If he goes for £500,00 whoever buys him will be getting a bargain.  He's got bags of ability and is still young enough to improve still further.  Look how quickly he made the step up from Cowdenbeath.  I reckon if he was playing in the Championship down south he would settle in in no time.  He really is that kind of player.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

If he goes for £500,00 whoever buys him will be getting a bargain.  He's got bags of ability and is still young enough to improve still further.  Look how quickly he made the step up from Cowdenbeath.  I reckon if he was playing in the Championship down south he would settle in in no time.  He really is that kind of player.

Isn't he 26?

I think he'll think he's "served his apprenticeship" & it's time to cash in.

if he signed for a Leeds, he'd get £5k-£6k per week, possibly 6-8 times what he's on at the moment. 

You couldn't blame him for wanting a move if it comes his way.

would hurt you guys massively though as that would be 40 goals & numerous assists taken out your team in last week or so.