All things Dundee FC

That would be us. We told him to bolt, which was an poor decision in hindsight.

What's the deal with Stewart? Not in here to stick the boot in like so many are, but I'd love it if he was heading down south, as he rips us apart in exactly the same way every single game and it makes me rage.

Sure that wasn't Loy? I thought it was Loy you lot were after.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sure that wasn't Loy? I thought it was Loy you lot were after.

We were possibly after Loy as well, but Hemmings was definitely on trial with us without being offered a deal. I'm sure he played a preseason friendly (or two) during his trial period.

Edited by Nightmare

We definitely had him on trial when we got promoted (think we had Henri Aniers brother on trial as well). Paul Gallacher was commentating on Cowdens play off game later that season and said he just didn't show anything when he was with us. We went with John Baird instead :lol:

Yeah, Hemmings was on trial after we were promoted in 2013 and he'd just been released from Ibrox after being on loan at Cowden, played (at least) for us in a friendly at Livi. Didn't stand out and went to Cowden again permanently then scored against us in the LC for Cowden just after that.

We'd already signed Baird by that point, I think if anything the 3rd striker was Mukendi (FFS).

That's quite incredible that a journalist would come out with an article basically saying I was right and everyone else was wrong.  How petty is that? And for his editor to allow it?!  It gets a great level of condescension in as well, because transfers are 'complicated and difficult to understand'.

If he was any kind of decent journalist he would just be content at getting the facts of the story right (doing his job basically) and quietly get on with the next story, and in time people would be aware of his record for accuracy or otherwise.

on another note, why on the Dundee page on the BBC sport website is there an article on a man being hugged, stabbed and pushed down the stairs??  Right there between Duffy signing on loan from Celtic, and Dundee boss aims to keep forward duo....

He basically is taking the credit for the whole story despite the fact he nicked it from s national newspaper.

Wouldn't let him in dens if he was paying the admission fee tbh

Yeah, Hemmings was on trial after we were promoted in 2013 and he'd just been released from Ibrox after being on loan at Cowden, played (at least) for us in a friendly at Livi. Didn't stand out and went to Cowden again permanently then scored against us in the LC for Cowden just after that.

We'd already signed Baird by that point, I think if anything the 3rd striker was Mukendi (FFS).

I'm always a fan of Baird good player to have just incase

5 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

He basically is taking the credit for the whole story despite the fact he nicked it from s national newspaper.

Wouldn't let him in dens if he was paying the admission fee tbh

He is only half right incidentally. There was a release clause, the numbers quoted are a complete media fabrication.  

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Well remember hemmings first 8 games he was pants , it was only after he got a couple of goals that he got his confidence and sharpness in front of goal

To be fair to Kane he got 3 goals in our first 8 games and IIRC was out of the team for a lot of it.

That's quite incredible that a journalist would come out with an article basically saying I was right and everyone else was wrong.  How petty is that? And for his editor to allow it?!  It gets a great level of condescension in as well, because transfers are 'complicated and difficult to understand'.

If he was any kind of decent journalist he would just be content at getting the facts of the story right (doing his job basically) and quietly get on with the next story, and in time people would be aware of his record for accuracy or otherwise.

on another note, why on the Dundee page on the BBC sport website is there an article on a man being hugged, stabbed and pushed down the stairs??  Right there between Duffy signing on loan from Celtic, and Dundee boss aims to keep forward duo....

He took pelters, from me included, when he first mentioned any clause a way back but he called it right. Everyone slated him.

To be fair to the boy he gets absolute dogs abuse for just doing his job - to write stories about DFC. He never reacts to it.

I heard he even got put in hospital by some fanny who didn't like what he wrote. Let him have his moment.